• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, we can taser them?

http://www.kjct8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9910534
    -------------------

Store has sign "We are not a Daycare center. Please control your kids"

Woman doesn't like the sign so she throws a temper tantrum and throws merchandise at the Store owner's mother.

Store Owner tasers her.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
    Store Owner tasers her.

...and he was arrested for assault. Personally, it seems more like a case of self-defense, and he'll get off on that if he has a decent lawyer.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
      Store Owner tasers her.
      YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
      ...and he was arrested for assault.
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        ...and he was arrested for assault. Personally, it seems more like a case of self-defense, and he'll get off on that if he has a decent lawyer.

Eric the Grey
        I agree. The "customer" threw stuff at him - he only prevented the customer from harming him. How doe he how the customer isn't trying to rob the place or do more harm to them?

I can hear her defense now:

"How dare he tazer me while I was assaulting him with goods from his own store!"
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          "How dare he tazer me while I was assaulting him with goods from his own store!"
          Sounds about right.

And I had the same response RWH had. Almost a perfect article.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

The store owner has a good case considering that what he did to the woman who assaulted him and his mother was in self-defense. I just think it's incredibly stupid that he's being charged for that.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Did the woman even have kids with her? And did he try to stop her in any other way before breaking out the taser? I would think he would have given some sort of warning, at least. The story didn't give a whole lot of details... Hopefully the charges will be dropped, or if not the judge will dismiss it.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                The store owner has a good case considering that what he did to the woman who assaulted him and his mother was in self-defense. I just think it's incredibly stupid that he's being charged for that.
                People can press whatever charges they want.

I could press harassment charges against you because I think you're calling me stupid in that post. The real question is would a judge (and/or jury) find in my favor or yours? (This was an example, BTW - I am not offended by the post ).

The sad part is that the tazerer now has to take a day off from work to defend himself and possibly spent a night in jail. He'll also now have that assault charge on him so whenever someone does a background check, they'll see that. Most won't ask questions (I don't think they can legally). I think most places they see the charge and don't look at dismissed or convicted.

I'm sure SCs and EHs all over will be watching this case - if the "lady" (and I use the term loosely) in the store gets away with it then it will open up the flood gates - don't like a store's policy? You can get away with attacking the employees!
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

not totally... if you press false charges i mean...

but i bet the lady will think twice about being such a bitch again

Comment

Working...
                  X