Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You didn't buy $81 Billion of gas? Prove it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't buy $81 Billion of gas? Prove it!

And you thought PayPal was bad as far as Ebay..

http://consumerist.com/5162108/paypa...26-tank-of-gas

PayPal's a joke. I refuse to use it if there's any other way to pay, or a different way to get the item. I think I've had to use it *once* in the past 4 years. I'm all for fraud prevention, but anyone looking at that should have said "Holy crap! I'm sorry, lemme get that fixed for you right away!"
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Why are you using PayPal for gas?
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Because some people use PayPal like a regular bank.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Maybe the rep was from Zimbabwe, so $81 billion to them would be about half a tank's worth of gas?
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

It turns out somehow the merchant number was used for the dollar amount.

Sadly they thought one person bought over 41 million gallons of gas in one transaction.

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
              Maybe the rep was from Zimbabwe, so $81 billion to them would be about half a tank's worth of gas?
              I thought that was Nigeria?
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Because some people use PayPal like a regular bank.
                These people are incredibly stupid. Paypal is not an actual bank and isn't bound by the rules and regulations that apply to banks.

Thus, Paypal can hold your money in your account for several months at a crack without providing you a reason. It's in their TOS. This is why whenever I got paid for an ebay auction, I withdrew the money to my checking account right away.

And they will do this if somebody pays you with a stolen credit card, does a chargeback, claims their account was stolen, or any of many other reasons they use to freeze your account. Your money is just gone and they don't have to give it back.

And I can't imagine a legitimate bank saying "Nice try Juan, if that's your real name," as Paypal did.

Quoth dendawg
                And you thought PayPal was bad as far as Ebay..
                I thought Ebay had a majority stake in Paypal, if not outright ownership.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X