X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbie gets a tramp stamp

http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/03/05/...101x1201346342

Just...what...the...HELL???
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

But half the fun is taking markers to Barbie and giving her tattoos. My barbies were an amazon tribe. ( I only had 2 ken dolls it needed to be explained somehow via death and destruction.)

I do not approve of Barbie's makeover, you're not supposed to have her look like a hooker before you give her to the little girl to redecorate.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I can't even begin to express my thoughts on this.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I can't decide whether to laugh hysterically or hide under the bed.

Laugh hysterically.....hide under bed....choices.

It was inevitable, I guess.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Didn't she and Ken break up? So he could date GI Joe or something?
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I have no words for this... *smh*
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

ken and barbie got divorced and then started dating again.
              i think...
              but i actually like the tattoo thing, i actually hate people who think she needs to been banned, its a doll!! it lets us roleplay!! we get the doll we chop off the hair dress it in its clothes or still our mothers nice napkins and make dresses and make it kiss ken or another barbie or dress it up in kens clothes and pretend to be a boy all day god ITS A DOLL!

Comment

Tattoos are not evil. Having a doll with a tattoo is not going to force your little girls to get one, any more than I am now a blonde woman with massively huge breasts and a slutty wardrobe who is a princesspopstarvetstewardessreceptionist.

Plenty of girls mothers have tattoos. When I have children, their mother will have tattoos, piercings and brightly coloured hair. Will this warp them? No.

All my dolls had ;injuries' painted on them in nail polish and were thrown out of windows.
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I'd be more concerned about the obvious body mod she's got above the tatt. I don't think glorifying branding in Barbie is to be endorsed either.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                    their mother will have tattoos, piercings and brightly coloured hair. Will this warp them?
                    *gasp* Evil! Satanist! Corrupter! Someone call CPS! Won't somebody please think of the children!

Heh. Frankly, I think having a mom like that could be pretty cool. In elementary, for instance "Kevin! Who was that lady that got you yesterday?" "Who?" "The lady with the green hair and shiny coat!" "Oh, her? That's just my mom." "Your MOM?! WICKED COOOOOOOLLL!"
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I never tattooed my Barbies. I always used pen or Sharpies to give my Ken dolls sleeve tattoos, and I'd use nail polish on Ken's plastic hair to make it bright pink or black or purple. I only had one Ken doll with "real" hair.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I made my last Barbie into a zombie. Using old makeup. Complete with dirt in the hair.
                        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I don't get the part of how Barbie makes girls think that if they look beautiful, they don't have to be smart. I never had the "Find a rich man and marry him" barbie doll. Did any of you? I had the doctor Barbie, Vet Barbie... I don't know about you, but I think that requires some amount of intelligence to become those professions.

The only beef with barbie I have is that she's anorexic. They should make her have a little more meat on her bones.
                          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Nice to see Mattel utilizing the Bratz property after the lawsuit so very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                            X