This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hyndis View Post
    The charges don't need to stick. The mere accusation is enough to destroy someone's life.
    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    I support this guy 100%. If it weren't for the camera, the accusations of sexual assault would've stood up, at least at first.

And his life would be over, either by the mob around his cab or by the accusations that would be taken as proof of wrongdoing and follow him around for the rest of his life.

These girls need to be taught that sexual assault accusations are not a frivolous thing.
    Bingo, and best of luck to the guy.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

a secured debt is one where collateral is put up... like perhaps your house... so if you go bankrupt and can't pay the debt, the house (or whatever item) can be taken instead.

Comment

I feel he is right in suing, to teach them a lesson. They should have been charged, Only thing that saved his life (job, family, reputation) was the camera.

Those girls need to be held responsible for it, if only to teach them and their friends that making up accusations isnt 'funny' or whatever. They need to know the ramifications of what they tried to to.

I wish they had to go to jail even if for a week.
        Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

I know that on this side of the border they would have been arrested for making a false police report. Especially if the whole thing was right there on videotape. It's the same thing that protects cops from false accusations when they're out doing their job.

Comment

Nobody sues for the amount they expect to get. The general tactic is to sue for a large amount, knowing that the court will reduce it to a smaller amount.

Rapscallion

Comment

"Hey, look, I can claim that a soft target did this to me and get some money out of it!"

Replace "soft target" with the job of your choice (here I'm referring to teacher, customer service people (retail, fast food etc.) and cabbies) and "this" with anything sexual related. I really hate people like this. (I know I'll get flamed for this most likely) While I'm not above using my own charm for certain things (I don't expect it though, if it happens, it happens), there's a line for that and the key is subtlety.

Revealing a bit of cleavage for a free drink? Maybe.
              Taking your shirt off for a free drink? Maybe. (guys not girls)
              Dressing up like a skank? NO.
              Being female and pointing out that a cab driver sexually assaulted you? Nope.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

you know what he should try to get every penny he can because quite frankly they decided to try and ruin his life over $13 so they deserve whatever happens to them.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                  I know I'll get flamed for this most likely
                  Nope, why would ya?

You're right. Showing a bit of what you've got if it encourages others to give you free stuff - heck why not? No harm no foul there. But there really is a line, and that line is lying about what others have done.

... and being skanky.

Comment

Depends on the free stuff. A free drink from time to time maybe...heck, I once had a guy give me a free dessert because I was a kid but yeah, there is a line.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                      you know what he should try to get every penny he can because quite frankly they decided to try and ruin his life over $13 so they deserve whatever happens to them.
                      Not only that it would have cost at least $60K in legal fees and lost income if rape charges had been filed.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X