This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters: The Video Game

The first review is in I know there are a few on here who are interested.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/992/992699p1.html

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewforum.php?f=46

All the info you could ever want. So far the reviews look good, I just got a really early b-day present from my mom in the form of the Amazon Wii collectors edition.

Six...more...days...! *bounces off walls again*
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I remember as a young boy watching the movie at age 4, then the cartoon The Real Ghostbusters came along, I had the toys, bedsheets, even a backpack to take to school. I'm very excited about this video game.

Comment

Sorry for originally putting this post in the wrong place thanks for moving it.

Comment

Apparently, some idiot already put the XBox version on a torrent site

Comment

That doesn't surprise me, why people pirate games makes no sense don't the people who download these things realize they are cheating the developrs of the game out of money. A lot of time was spent on this game and for someone to cheat sucks. Sorry for the rant my brother works for a game developer in Dallas, TX and I hate to see piracy of games.

Comment

Ditto. Although knowing that the PC version at least has nasty DRM...it's been my--albeit limited--experience that that type of copy protection tends to enhance "piracy" (legit purchasers may need to resort to cracked versions just to play it properly, SecuROM has also been reported as disabling hardware). I suspect that SecuROM was not Atari's call to make though.

I'm buying it anyway, I've been waiting for this for WAY too long. If this game does well, there's a rumor that a second one is in the wings.
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-13-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I am actually going to get it after I get paid this week. I have been waiting for this game to come out.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I reserved my copies back when it was first announced and still an Activision title. So nyah

My plan (if I can hack it with regards to an OS) is to give the game my old hard drive all to itself. This type of DRM has been known to insinuate itself into the registry and be impossible to remove.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    I reserved my copies back when it was first announced and still an Activision title. So nyah

My plan (if I can hack it with regards to an OS) is to give the game my old hard drive all to itself. This type of DRM has been known to insinuate itself into the registry and be impossible to remove.
                    This game is going to be sweet. I got a peek at the strategy guide yesterday and the part that shows you all the baddies in the game is called "Tobin's Spirit Guide". That's awesome!
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      I suspect that SecuROM was not Atari's call to make though.
                      Wouldn't bet on that. Anything put in that is not direct developer code is the publisher's decision.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That's right, Atari had SecuROM on the Riddick game. I do recall them saying no DRM (this was back when they first took it on, and the backlash against EA and SecuROM was going on).

Although Sony is insanely overprotective of some properties, GB being one of them (they tried to issue a takedown order against one of the bigger fansites, but the claim of copyright infringement couldn't be sufficiently proven).

It doth blow that the PC version is nerfed though (I really wanted multiplayer).

Comment

I myself am buying the PC version for the fact that i'm a cheap ass (just kidding) , I'm not really to concerned about multiplayer. I'm just excited about a new GB game coming out, I also have a new gaming PC i built back in march so I'm wanting to get use out of it.

Comment

I'm getting mine for the Xbox 360. Can't wait for tomorrow!
                            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Yeah, I have a shiny new gaming rig waiting in the wings for this. I've got the Amazon Wii collector's edition coming from Amazon and will be picking up my PC and DS preorders tomorrow (I would be at the midnight release, but some dork scheduled a meeting tomorrow at 8 AM that unfortunately I'm expected to be fully coherent for).

Comment

Working...
                              X