This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for Corrupted Files

To get more time for homework assignments.

http://www.corrupted-files.com/Home.html

The idea is that on the deadline, the student sends in the 'corrupted file'. It might take the teacher a day or so to realize that the file's no good, then another few days to play the e-mail game. Which gives the students more time to finish their assignment - "Oh no! I must be having trouble with my laptop! Can I have an extension?"

And hence why I'm one of the few TA's in my department staunchly against electronic submission. Well, crap like this plus the fact that I don't want to be responsible for making sure all their papers get printed out and I hate grading on the computer. Call me old fashioned.

And don't get me started on the kids who don't realize that multiple pages need to be, y'know, stapled together. And, no, I didn't bring a stapler, that's YOUR JOB.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

AHHH! That's dumb, I can't believe people would pay for that, rather than, you know, just doing the assignment on time. Plus I can manage to corrupt my files just fine thank you.

*Has managed to screw up many a file on accident*

Comment

All of my profs made us turn in a hard copy (time/date stamped by the departments office clerk) and a soft copy for each and every assignment. My university made us accounts for a plagerisum website and the teacher got the report from that for each and every essay.
      And STILL people tried to cheat....they would say they got to the office in time but it was closed (bullshit the office is open until 5pm and all deadlines were 4pm), that the office must have lost it (bullshit, each class had its own drop box that the student personally dropped the assignment into that was opened by the prof and the prof only) that their internet went down, their printer broke, on and on fobbing the blame off them every time.

Our university was very very good at making sure every single person had access to the computers/internet, intra-uni email (free), very very cheap printing for the hard copies and a central computer lab that opened from 5am-midnight 6 days of the week (7am--10pm on sunday) with 500 computers in it and hundreds of computers smaller labs around the uni.

I never understood why some students don't just own up to being lazy or to having poor time management skills (which the uni held free courses on by the way). Our profs were very tough on extensions though, you had to have a doctors note or a very solid reason (and work wasn't one of them) to get one. Only once did a prof loose my paper and he had the report from the plagerism site and my soft copy so it was no big deal. He knew I had turned my essay in.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Kiwi, I've heard so many just...unbelievable excuses. Every time there's a test or paper due, a rash of illnesses spreads like wildfire through student's grandparents, pets, roommates, you name it. *sigh*

Comment

I remember one guy asking a prof for an extension on an assignement the day before it was due because his brother was coming into town that night.... the essays had been handed out on the FIRST day of class 6 weeks prior. Thats pretty much what the prof said, "okay well bring me a copy of your current draft after class and I'll give you until monday to finish it off"....

3 guess as to who hadn't even started his essay, that was the first time I saw true deer in the headlights eyes.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I think it is a great idea and ingenious. Who would have though of this? I bet they are making a good amount of money (not a great amount, but a god amount).
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Ingenious? Yes.

But it's not a good idea. Doing your damn homework in the first place is a good idea.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                Ingenious? Yes.

But it's not a good idea. Doing your damn homework in the first place is a good idea.
                Here's the joke... instead of a corrupted file, you get a perfectly legible document that just says "I will not try to buy essays on the internet" 5000 times.

Comment

Idiots - all they need to do is open an MP3 file, delete the first 10k bytes and save it as "Assignment.doc".

But I'm evil and send those to scammers.

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                  X