X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our "dangerous childhoods"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31670059...and_parenting/

-----I remember growing up in the 80's that I never used suncreen either, my dad fed me beer when I was a toddler (my mother made him quit after I started waking up at 3 in the morning to throw up on the bedroom floor!), I got whipped with a belt if I got too out-of-line and smacked in the face, got scraped up pretty good playing outside, ate dirt and Lanicane and didnt even get sick, and never even wore a seatbelt growing up. And I'm still standing, wondering if the next calamity to come my way is gonna finally knock me down for good.

I never wore a bike helmet until age 16.

I fully remember playing with my friends in the "way way back" of my mom's 1976 Dodge Aspen stationwagon while she was driving.

Didn't wear a seltbelt until the early '80s. My mom was the "seatbelt" (her arm at stops; I gave her a humorous birthday card a few years ago with that image )

The metal slides and other playground equipment that would heat up like an oven.

Trying to cross the gap on the "rainbow" climbing equipment and falling through once.

Venturing out all over the neighborhood (and sometimes beyond) with a group of friends for Halloween. Parents only went out with the babies!

Being amazed at my friends plastic "safe" playground set with the wood chips on the ground (c. 1983); what was wrong with bare ground like we used to have?

Walking with friends to the drug store two miles away (and across a major road!) when we were 10.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Fratching.

Take it there instead.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
      X