• Show
Clear All

• Any Legend of the Seeker Fans?

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com

Any fans of the show?

Season 2 will be out on Oct 31, 2009

I so can't wait!

Yiz
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Sorry, but... no. Just... no. I watched MOST of the first season, because I'm a fan of the BOOKS and I liked the cast, especially the chick that plays Kahlan. But by the end of the season, they had strayed much too far from the books, and I gave up.

Here's a hint... Darkhen Rahl is NOT Richard's brother... SPOILER, swipe to read... he's his FATHER, at least in the books.

Do yourself a favor and READ THE BOOKS... that's the "Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind. They're at least 10 times better than the TV series.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

I will say I liked Seeker as a separate entity from the books. Yeah they changed alot in making it a TV show and there are more changes other than the thing with Darkhen Rahl that have made me alot more miffed than something that actually is fairly minor if you take some time to think about it.

EDIT:: Well so far it seems like season 2 is following the plot of book 2 so I am at least happy that the over-arcing plot remains the same. I'm sure there will be more changes, but meh. It seems like this season may be alot more linear and closer to the books which is understandable since with the first season they weren't sure how the show would do.
      Last edited by Chanlin; 07-30-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

That's the best news I've had in a long while.

(Spoilers)

Although I wonder what direction the series will take now? Are they going to go with the Keeper of the Dead trying to swallow the world of the living? Or the war against the Taliban-esque Imperial Order? I don't see how either of those plots will work in a TV setting.

EDIT: Oops, should have visited the site first. So they're going with the Stone of Tears plot? Ooh, of all the SoT novels, that one was my favourite. Hope they don't screw it up.

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
        Do yourself a favor and READ THE BOOKS... that's the "Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind. They're at least 10 times better than the TV series.
        I respectfully disagree.

From the very beginning I knew the show was not going to follow the plot of the novels to the letter. There's simply no way to fit all the content of the novel into a TV serial. Once I managed that expectation, I found myself rather taken with the show. I can't help but think the majority of diehard novel fans hate the show because their expectations are not realistic.

The show had its stupid moments. I was annoyed that in the pilot, one of my favourite scenes from the first novel, where Zedd talks down a lynch-mob, got dumbed down to a cookie-cutter fight. Also later in the show, Rahl arbitrarily kills someone who had just given him help. Villains acting foolishly annoys me.

Richard's character came off rather flat. But Kahlan was awesome, and Zedd was numerous magnitudes of awesome. But the show managed not to become the show of "Zedd and his Little Helpers". One of my favourite aspects of the show was Richard's half brother Michael. In the book he was so obviously a traitor he might as well have a scarlet letter tatooed on his face. In the show, Michael was more richly developed. He was still a traitor, but he literally had a D'haran sword to his throat, what choice did he have?

I would go as far as to say I enjoyed the TV series more than the novels.
        Last edited by Talon; 07-30-2009, 03:29 PM.
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
          Sorry, but... no. Just... no. I watched MOST of the first season, because I'm a fan of the BOOKS and I liked the cast, especially the chick that plays Kahlan. But by the end of the season, they had strayed much too far from the books, and I gave up.

Here's a hint... Darkhen Rahl is NOT Richard's brother... SPOILER, swipe to read... he's his FATHER, at least in the books.

I don't think he actually is his brother I think that was just Darkhen Rahl manipulating what's her name.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I enjoy the show for what it is. It actually took me a while before I realized what story it was portraying. I read the first book ages ago, and I think the second one, but couldn't continue more due to time than anything else (no time to read, so sad... ).

I never figure that a movie or television adaptation of a book will be exactly like the book, and with that attitude, I can enjoy the show for what it's worth on it's own terms.

I'm looking forward for season 2.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
            X