X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54 million dollar Best Buy suit dismissed

http://consumerist.com/5008119/54-mi...ptop-dismissed

----It figures it got thrown out on a technicality. Because there's no way in hell I can fathom how the court could throw this out and say that Best Buy did nothing wrong.

Here's the story behind the suit if you haven't read about it....

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/02/a-lost-laptop-a.html

I don't blame the customer for filing that lawsuit after what Best Buy did with her laptop. Sure the amount was astronomical, but it was the only thing she could think of to light a fire under their asses. I think she shouldn't have gone through representing herself for that and I think that may have been what caused her lawsuit to be dismissed in court. But that's just my opinion. I'm pissed that Best Buy wouldn't own up to what they did and be more responsive about it to before the whole lawsuit.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I think she shouldn't have gone through representing herself for that and I think that may have been what caused her lawsuit to be dismissed in court. But that's just my opinion.
      I've heard that there are CERTAIN ways to work with the courts, precise procedures that you have to follow, otherwise it WILL derail your entire suit and cause it to get thrown out. That's why you should ALWAYS have an attorney when dealing with the court system, because they know what to do and how to do it.

Comment

I agree she should have gotten something more than just a "offer" for a replacement laptop. she SHOULD have gone with a lawyer.

as a side note however most of the commenters just laughed at her attempt. most said fivilious court clogging lawsuit, should not have taken her laptop with "sensitive" information etc. HMMM the darn thing broke and BB just brushed her off put her off and then lied to her then tried to "buy" her off.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X