Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I received a very threatening voicemail today..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received a very threatening voicemail today..

I took out the phone number but if the mods post that is is OK for me to do it (it was in the caller ID on the voice mail) I will post it, and the company.

No language, just a threat of me being shot.

(removed for now)

The file is about 3MB is size. When I called them and spoke to a supervisor he claims that they're trying to collect a debt (funny since all of our debts were discharged when we filed for bankruptcy and I ran my credit report a month ago - nothing odd was on it). He said he would pull the tapes and look into it.

I also spoke to our local police and they said there is nothing criminal going on since the threat isn't too credible BUT if we continue to receive them, receive anything in writing, or if we see someone from the company (yeah, hit men wear uniforms) to call them ASAP.

I just spoke to my attorney he also wants this recording - I've send him the version with the phone number.
    Last edited by draggar; 10-30-2009, 09:26 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I can't really understand it too well. I can hear "shot" though. I bet you're attorney is going to find it VERY interesting
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Too bad that is the best I can do now, I've emailed a few of my contacts but it seems that no one knows if I can get the actual recording in a file. I had to hold a microphone close to my phone's speakerphone to get this.

I am sure he is enjoying it, though.

I am debating if I should post this on my blog - I'm sure sites like the consumerist would love it.
      Last edited by draggar; 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Well, as much as you may want to spread it around as much as you can, don't do it until the lawyer says you can. It might hurt whatever case you can bring.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          Too bad that is the best I can do now, I've emailed a few of my contacts but it seems that no one knows if I can get the actual recording in a file. I had to hold a microphone close to my phone's speakerphone to get this.

I am sure he is enjoying it, though.

I am debating if I should post this on my blog - I'm sure sites like the consumerist would love it.
          Just take it to the police. They'll take care of it for you.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Well, as much as you may want to spread it around as much as you can, don't do it until the lawyer says you can. It might hurt whatever case you can bring.
            Yeah, it is sad I can't go all wild about this but I will give him a call back tomorrow and listen to his advice.

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            Just take it to the police. They'll take care of it for you.
            Quoth draggar View Post
            I also spoke to our local police and they said there is nothing criminal going on since the threat isn't too credible BUT if we continue to receive them, receive anything in writing, or if we see someone from the company (yeah, hit men wear uniforms) to call them ASAP.
            But, the officer did give me some advice and said I was going about it the right way - speaking to the supervisor at the company and then talking to the police.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

You should probably take it down and remove the uploaded version until you get clearance from your attorney to be on the safe side.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                Too bad that is the best I can do now, I've emailed a few of my contacts but it seems that no one knows if I can get the actual recording in a file.
                Have a chat with your local phone guy/gal (and buy him/her a coffee ) - most voice mail systems have a way to get a full file off the voice mail, complete with calling line ID and all the information that twat needs to hang himself.

Voice folks don't bite. Much. Until you ask for a voice mail password reset after every long weekend.

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

It sounded like "...next 24 hours I'd be shot" - like "This debt needs to be paid or they'll shoot me."
                  Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                    Have a chat with your local phone guy/gal (and buy him/her a coffee ) - most voice mail systems have a way to get a full file off the voice mail, complete with calling line ID and all the information that twat needs to hang himself.

Voice folks don't bite. Much. Until you ask for a voice mail password reset after every long weekend.

B
                    I work for the phone company. Unfortunately none of my contacts know, other than sticking a microphone to the speaker of the phone. I wonder if I can get a stereo-3.5mm F jack to dual-mono 3.5mm M jack adapter (preferably a cable)?
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      I work for the phone company. Unfortunately none of my contacts know, other than sticking a microphone to the speaker of the phone. I wonder if I can get a stereo-3.5mm F jack to dual-mono 3.5mm M jack adapter (preferably a cable)?
                      I'd be willing to bet they can be acquired, but more than likely, it'll take a court order to get it from the phone company.

I would not give up on it though. There is no excuse for that kind of threat for just a collection.

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                        I can't really understand it too well. I can hear "shot" though. I bet you're attorney is going to find it VERY interesting
                        Nurian is right about that. There are several violations of the Fair Debt Collection Act in that one call: collecting a debt already discharged in bankruptcy; physical threats; fraud and others that a good lawyer can readily spot.

Here's a locator for lawyers who specialize in this nonsense.

That collector probably bought the note for pennies on the dollar to attempt to collect anything on it by being a PITA.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          Nurian is right about that. There are several violations of the Fair Debt Collection Act in that one call: collecting a debt already discharged in bankruptcy; physical threats; fraud and others that a good lawyer can readily spot.

Here's a locator for lawyers who specialize in this nonsense.

That collector probably bought the note for pennies on the dollar to attempt to collect anything on it by being a PITA.
                          Actually I'm using my bankruptcy attorney - he was very good and didn't hesitate to explain things to us throughout the process. He's also been willing to help us afterwords when we had question.

As for pennies on the dollar - yeah, I know how they work - and "pennies" on the dollar would be a high price for them - more like fractions of a penny on the dollar.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                          X