Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man sues Axe due to lack of female attention.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    It was a matter of time before something idiotic like this happened. Im surprised it took this long...

And honestly, if he was depending on AXE for 7 years to bring him a woman...I guessing hes a huge douchebag.
    I wonder if any guys sued Hai Karate back in the 1970's for the same type of ad campain as seen in this TV ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnU9zT87j4

or this one which is WAY MORE suggestive (watch the woman carefully and I am suprised they were ever able to televise this one) some of the woman's actions were slightly against the Standards and Practices code in 1976. The woman appears to carress her nipple and "fondle"/stroke the chess piece and then "kisses" the bishop. how this one got by the censors I would love to know. this commercial could not have been for the US market

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLM0...eature=related

and these days the Axe commericals are tame
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-03-2009, 06:44 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I think the part of the article that amused me the most was this bit:

But India's leading compensation litigator Ram Jethmalani warned: "There is no data to substantiate the supposition that unattractive and unintelligent men don't attract women.
      If your lawyer's whole argument is based on you being unattractive and unintelligent then I can't see your case ending well.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
        Maybe he should try a shower once in a while. I hear Axe makes a great body wash too...
        A former co-irker kept some Axe body spray at work to use instead of showering, because he tended to get sweaty while working...

The overall scent resembled a skunk run over by a septic truck that spun out and crashed into a rendering plant... [/Dennis Miller]

As for the lawsuit, I think it's funny. Now we'll probably be seeing the Axe ads with warnings, much like how Red Bull has to put a warning on their commercials that say "Red Bull does not actually give you wings."
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I always thought it was what you WEREN'T wearing that attracted attention.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I don't really like Axe all that much. I like the lighter scents to be honest, like Liz Claiborne's Mambo, Chanel Égoïste Platinum, Ralph Lauren's Romance as well as Lancôme Miracle for men. Whenever SO has on Mambo...just makes me want to pounce on him like a lioness to a gazelle...reowr! As for the case, I'm still laughing at it, I mean how dumb can somebody be to think that some cheap body spray and wash would attract a bevy of women to them?!!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
              If your lawyer's whole argument is based on you being unattractive and unintelligent then I can't see your case ending well.
              If that's your lawyer's defense, maybe you should look for another lawyer.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

It's a hoax.
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I was hoping it was, cuz then at least I have a grain of faith in humanity. xD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X