Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpaid Overtime?? This! Is! Spartaaaaaaaaaa!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid Overtime?? This! Is! Spartaaaaaaaaaa!

http://gizmodo.com/5476446/foxconn-w...r-factory-down

Supervisors at Mexico Foxconn factory decide they're not quite ready to quit for the weekend, so they decide to tell workers that their transport back home has been held up by a military checkpoint, and use that excuse to force the workers to work for free. Hilarity ensues.

Think they'll take on Mozilla for the Firefox name? :P
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Am I a bad person for laughing at that? ^^
      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
      Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Calud View Post
        Am I a bad person for laughing at that? ^^
        That depends at whether you thought singing 'The Roof is on Fire' is funny.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Its like the Oceans thriteen the movie....(the strike/riot at the dice making factory)..which was hilarious.

And you know what? I dont condone setting fire to the factory..but good for them. That was a bunch of bullshit. I bet the owners wont pull shit like that again.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            And you know what? I dont condone setting fire to the factory..but good for them. That was a bunch of bullshit.
            Agreed. That was a mean and stupid decision by the management. You do not treat your fellow human beings like slave robots, even if you are the boss, and you sure as hell do not make someone work overtime without proper compensation. People will put up with only so much, then...
            Quoth Amina516 View Post
            I bet the owners wont pull shit like that again.
            I wouldn't be so sure. Some people don't learn their lessons very well, and tend to think with their wallets. Profit Über Alles. Who cares if a building is lost and workers walk, there'll always be more to take their place.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

i'm betting that this will also hurt their company in the long run
              i mean the media attention etc

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                i'm betting that this will also hurt their company in the long run
                i mean the media attention etc
                mmmmmmmm, could be!

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20100223PD222.html

Foxconn is paying overtime to the workers, and is pursuing legal action against the ringleader, a disgruntled ex-employee.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                  That depends at whether you thought singing 'The Roof is on Fire' is funny.
                  That but I was also thinking more of Twisted Sisters "We're Not Gonna Take It"
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    That but I was also thinking more of Twisted Sisters "We're Not Gonna Take It"
                    This is how playlists develop you know.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                    X