This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VP of company tells SC

Go F*ck yourself! After getting a condescending email about the theater's lack of taking cards.

http://consumerist.com/2010/02/theat...r-theater.html

I think the woman's complaint letter was a bit much and the VP's alleged first response was somewhat justified, BUT he should have phrased it more tactifully. You should never drop an F-bomb on a customer ever, no matter how upset you get. There's a certain professionalism cusotmer service folks are expected to maintain with customers.

When I worked at a call center, I got angry and frustrated with people ALL the time but I never swore at any of them.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

The complaint was about more than just the theatre not taking debit or credit cards.
      I'm actually on the customers side of this one, sure the ladies letter could have been more professional but if someone turned on the light for 20 minutes making me miss the movie I would be pissed off as well.
      His reaction was abissmal.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        The complaint was about more than just the theatre not taking debit or credit cards.
        I'm actually on the customers side of this one, sure the ladies letter could have been more professional but if someone turned on the light for 20 minutes making me miss the movie I would be pissed off as well.
        His reaction was abissmal.
        I was debating putting that into my description because that is a legit complaint. But since she took that to use as a barb against the no cards (when she asked for the return on her check card and then made a sarcastic remark about them not taking them), I figured it wasn't that important to her, or it was made up.

Comment

i feel requesting that they take cards is not a bad request
          although the theatre can say no

however i think the comment abut getting a better paying job wasn't the best way to answer. not everyone carries cash - even people with high paying jobs, and not every use of a credit card is a sign of 'no money'.

at least he apologized though i am certain the original letter may hurt his establishment

Comment

They both suck. People need to understand that card payments aren't always going to be available, either because the business isn't set up to accept them or the equipment isn't working. The original complaint was pretty sarcastic, and the writer closed the door to ever going back to that theater, so what incentive to they have to make things right?

But sending the complaint letter and e-mail that tell them, quite literally, to fuck off? That's way unprofessional. It's okay to think that of somebody, but not to say it to them. I'm wondering if the first e-mail was written to blow off steam and not meant to be sent out, but was sent out by clicking the wrong button or something.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              however i think the comment abut getting a better paying job wasn't the best way to answer. not everyone carries cash - even people with high paying jobs, and not every use of a credit card is a sign of 'no money'.
              I rarely use cash (almost never). I use my Visa check card most of the time (acts like a credit card but takes the money straight out of my checking account). When I use it, I'm spending money I have.

I think the complaint was legit - the ATMs are normally run by a different company and the theater should take it up with them.

Turning on the lights to find some people who shouldn't be there while the movie is playing? That's also a good complaint.

It looks to me like the VP typed up the response with no intent on sending it (we've all done that - even on forums) but accidentally sent it. If it was received overnight chances are it was saved and then automatically sent.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Wow.....Lol.

Im sorry but the first response was hilarious b/c it was sooo far out of left field. Although she said nothing about it being too expensive, so his comments about getting another job if she cant afford it were out of line.

I think the customer had a legitimate complaint as far as checking tickets during a movie...thats disruptive and Id also be pissed.

But theyre not too happy that reply ended up on the internet....

Comment

More people have credit/debit cards these days and I can understand the customer's request (if you will) for the theater to accept them. The VP's initial response was unprofessional to say the least, but at least he apologized to the customer.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm on her side, for the most part. I'm sure it's the bank that maintains the ATM, though, and there's a good chance they don't come on Saturday (though if this happens frequently they should probably look at their stocking schedule). If they don't want to take credit cards, so be it. But all the people in the comments acting she's the "bitchiest bitch who ever bitched" (as one commenter put it), I don't get. Sure, her letter wasn't the most pleasant missive in the universe, but we've certainly seen much worse on Planet Feedback and My3Cents. Her complaint, for the most part, is completely valid and she has every right to be annoyed.

Disrupting the entire theater to find a few theater hoppers is really stupid. The only time I've ever had a movie disrupted by theater staff was when there was a medical emergency a few rows behind me (elderly woman who had what sounded like a mini-stroke). They stopped the movie for about 20 minutes until the paramedics took her out, handed out free passes to everyone while we were waiting, then turned the lights back down and started the movie back up. We didn't miss anything.

And no cash =/= no money. I use a credit card for most everything and I pay it off when the bill comes. It's just easier than having to get cash all the time. I do carry some cash in my wallet, though. The cafeteria at work doesn't take Discover, and I don't like to use it for such small purchases, anyway (usually under $5). There aren't too many places in my normal experience that don't take any kind of credit cards, though my favorite restaurant is one of them. Cash only...and it was only in the last few years that they even got an ATM in there.
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-28-2010, 03:53 AM. Reason: afterthoughts
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have two theories.

The first: He was just letting off steam, writting the letter he wanted to write, but accidently hit send.

The second: He didn't actually write the letter. One of his disgruntled stuff did.

Either way, that was a baaaaaaad move on his part.

Comment

Working...
                      X