Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Vampires Are Coming - No More Sparkles!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Vampires Are Coming - No More Sparkles!

Just when you thought you were safe from the sparkling Twilight vampires, Seth Grahame-Smith, the author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, has set forth the tale of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.

Unfortunately, he isn’t hunting the sparkling vampires, but the more tradition ones ala Dracula.

And if you’re not up to reading about it, fear not for Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov are making it into a movie. Just as soon as they finish the movie version of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

*moans in queezieness* Please can we finally stop reuining the classics?

Comment

I've got Queen Victoria - Demon Hunter, any connection? Must read it soon.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

i've been meaning to get pride and prejudice and zombies and the original for a while...i should do that. hm. to the local book store huzzah!
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

Those look awesome. must check it out
          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I've read P&P&Z last summer. A good read if you can make the firm disconnect from the original.

On a side note. There are no Twilight vampires. Vampires do not live in the woods eating deer. They do not sparkle. Therefore the creatures in twilight must be giant faries.

Vampires do not swear stripper dust.
            Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              *moans in queezieness* Please can we finally stop reuining the classics?
              As I understand it Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter is entirely written by Seth Grahame-Smith.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I didn't expect to like PPZ all that much--expected it to be a fun novelty for a page or two, and then just the same joke over and over again.

I found myself laughing like a hyena in the bookstore, and bought it immediately. Never regretted it!

Haven't read any of the others yet though. anyone know if Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters is any good?
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  I've got Queen Victoria - Demon Hunter, any connection? Must read it soon.
                  No connection. It was written, hmm, can't remember exactly when, but quite a while ago, by somebody entirely different.

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                  Haven't read any of the others yet though. anyone know if Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters is any good?
                  I haven't tried that one, but it was written by a different guy riding the wave, so I tend to assume it's not.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I saw it at B&N last night, I thought it was funny as hell, especially the cover.

Comment

S&S&SM is... I'm trying to finish it, but I can't get into it like i could with P&P&Z.
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Just when you thought you were safe from the sparkling Twilight vampires, Seth Grahame-Smith, the author of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, has set forth the tale of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.
                        Want!!

BTW, WTF is this with messages being too short when quoting?
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I read PP&Z and i just didnt ...like it. So i decided not to read S&S&SM b/c i figured itd be the same.

I did see the Abe Lincoln one though.....maybe if a friend has it, Ill borrow. But I wont be going out to get it myself.

Comment

There is a very notable classic awaiting to be part of this series, but what would it be titled?

War and Peace and Cthulhu?

War and Peace and Leviathan?

War and Peace and Skeletons?

War and Peace and Cujo?

I'm not sure what sounds right. Any suggestions?

And are that any other classic works that need to be rewritten in the same manner?
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I wasn't impressed by P&P&Z either. The premise seemed far too forced. And I'm still trying to figure how Mr. Bennett could have afforded to go to China to train his daughters in the first place. Plus, some of the societal quirks seemed inappropriate in the face of the horrendous danger....so yeah.

Might check out the Lincoln book...once it gets to the library.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                              X