X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 worst fast food fails

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/lesh...ood-fails.html

i remember some of these
    like the super bar at wendy's... at least i think i remember it.

i know i remember the mc dlt. actually i kinda liked that one

some others are more like "wtf?"
    like KFC livers..

I remember the salad bar at wendys. It was the only thing we'd order. I loved the chicken salad. Our local one kept everything pretty fresh. However it was only a salad bar. No pizza or taco.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

There's part of me that cringes to say this, but I actually thought the McPizza wasn't half bad for the price.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I loved the McDLT. I was actually sad when they discontinued it.
        I think it was replaced by the McLean Deluxe, which also <deservedly> failed.

Comment

McLobster - I actually remember this and it actually wasn't that bad of a deal. Very litle lobster but what did you expect fo $6?

Wendy's superbar - I loved this one and was really sad when it disappeared.

McPizza - I actualy heard of this one but never saw it. McSpaghetti? Wow, never even saw that one coming.

McDLT - I'm with the rest here. I did like it (and how cool was it that it came in TWO parts?).
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Wendy's superbar - I actually likely it... disappointed when they took them out.

BK Big King - I thought it was pretty good..

McDonald's MCDLT/McLean - I was working for MCd's when they did the switch over from the MCDLt to the Mclean, and it was a nightmare...Customers always bitching about not having the MCDLT, and when we grilled the MClean, it didn't brown like the MCDLT meat.. it kinda turned a funny shade of gray.. . The management had each us try one, and we all decided that we would rather have a high colonic with the MCRib sauce then eat another of one those monstrosities.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I remember watching some insider scoop on the McDonald's veggie burger. Employees admitted that they were ordered so infrequently that their stores didn't stock them; so when someone DID order a veggie burger, they just gave them a regular one with extra lettuce and condiments.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                I remember the salad bar at wendys. It was the only thing we'd order. I loved the chicken salad. Our local one kept everything pretty fresh. However it was only a salad bar. No pizza or taco.
                The Wendy's I worked at had a salad bar, but not the superbar. It was a pain to keep stocked up since a lot of people got salads from it.

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I loved the McDLT. I was actually sad when they discontinued it.
                  I think it was replaced by the McLean Deluxe, which also <deservedly> failed.
                  My understanding is that the problem with the McDLT was the packaging: they were trying to get away from styrofoam, didn't have the current cardboardish boxes yet, and it just doesn't work in a paper wrapper. The Big 'n' Tasty is essentially the same thing, and of course before it came around it was still perfectly possible to order a Quarter Pounder and substitute ingredients into the same thing. The store I was in only sold about two McLeans per day; not nearly enough to keep a special kind of meat for. Tasted OK to me, though.

I have read about a McDonald's deep-fried roast beef sandwich. Supposedly, it sold well in test marketing, but the meat shrank so much in cooking that they couldn't charge enough to make it profitable.

I'd totally forgotten the Superbar.
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

The McPizza was actually really good and was a decent price. I'm willing to bet a lot of the failure came from spending for all the special modifications that were needed for it (they were effectively individual sized pizzas) and it couldn't recover from after the buzz died down.

The Arch Deluxe, ahh yes, I remember it well. Take your regular burger, put on really hot onions, an even more tasteless bun, and Dijon mustard. Then charge nearly double the price for it. The thing DESERVED to die.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

The KFCs down here still sell chicken livers. You just have to wait while they cook them. (keep a small amount in stock, only cook when/if ordered.) My dad gets it occasionally.
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Fffff, what? The Superbar was AMAZING. I miss it. Ours had ravioli on the Italian side.

The BK Veggie -- eh, it's BK, it comes covered in warmed soggy lettuce and mayo. But it's a decent veggie patty.

McPizza was also pretty good, although I don't recall our local McD's having any full-size pizzas that didn't fit through the takeout window. We always got single-size ones.

I went to a KFC in Kentucky once and they had a buffet with chicken livers. I tried them, didn't like them. Dunno if that was because they were KFC or because they were chicken livers. :P

LillFilly, I ordered a veggie burger at McDonald's once, and it was definitely veggie. But it was Yves brand during one of their low periods and I never got another one.

Comment

I vaguely remember the Superbar. I do remember that Wendy's used to have amazing salads that came with a breadstick. Don't think they do those anymore...but then I hardly ever go to Wendy's.
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

McDonalds here in New England still have the McLobster. Only in the summer. Not sure if I would ever get one. I'm in Boston. Plenty of better places to get lobster.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                              My understanding is that the problem with the McDLT was the packaging: they were trying to get away from styrofoam, didn't have the current cardboardish boxes yet, and it just doesn't work in a paper wrapper. The Big 'n' Tasty is essentially the same thing, and of course before it came around it was still perfectly possible to order a Quarter Pounder and substitute ingredients into the same thing.
                              Ah yes, the Big n Tasty is what replaced the McDLT. Didn't like it.
                              Tasted like a plain burger with warm, mushy veggies on it. Blech.
                              I worked at McD's during the McDLT era. Would get one on break and a 2nd one at the end of my shift.

Comment

Working...
                              X