This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Complaints and Types of Customers

Is this really how people in non-retail posistions think handling customers works?

It's from a university so you know the person has never worked bad customers before. Ivory Towers and all that.

The Chronic Complainer Customer. Is never satisfied; there is always something wrong. This customer's mission is to whine. Yet, he is your customer, and as frustrating as this customer can be, he cannot be dismissed.

Response: Extraordinary patience is required. One must listen carefully and completely and never let one's anger get aroused. A sympathetic ear, a sincere apology, and an honest effort to correct the situation are likely to be the most productive. Unlike the Rip-Off Customer, most Chronic Complainer Customers will accept and appreciate your efforts to make things right. This customer wants an apology and appreciates it when you listen. Tends to be a good customer (in spite of his constant complaining) and will tell others about your positive response to his complaints.
    Apparently, these guys have only run into the fake complainer. A true chronic complainer will never be happy, no matter what.
    What this paper fails to grasp is that honestly, neither the rip-off customer and the chronic complainer customer are particularly beneficial to business, and really can be dropped like the dead weight that they are.

Comment

Exactly. Also, if you respond like this person says you should, all you'll be doing is fanning the flames as the customer will only assume you're patronising them and get angrier.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

What I learned when working the phone for 6 years was that you have to be patient. I was very good at letting the customers vent there frustrations. I got many compliments from customers because I was quiet and let them speak there piece. All they wanted to do was get it off of there chest. I was told that I should work for the 911 crisis releif line!!!

Although a lot of the customers you couldn't get a word in edge wise, I just learned to let them talk, and do my nails at the same time.
        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

The Chronic Complainer Customer. Is never satisfied; there is always something wrong. This customer's mission is to whine. Yet, he is your customer, and as frustrating as this customer can be, he cannot be dismissed.

Response: Extraordinary patience is required. One must listen carefully and completely and never let one's anger get aroused. A sympathetic ear, a sincere apology, and an honest effort to correct the situation are likely to be the most productive. Unlike the Rip-Off Customer, most Chronic Complainer Customers will accept and appreciate your efforts to make things right. This customer wants an apology and appreciates it when you listen. Tends to be a good customer (in spite of his constant complaining) and will tell others about your positive response to his complaints.
          This is what we call a paradox. If they appreciate and say good things about you, they would be satisfied.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X