X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bratz dolls...sad

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/1...atz-dolls.html

So, apparently there is a "sweat shop" just for these hunks of plastic...

Now please tell me, how sad this is.

People slaving away like dogs just so that some kid can get a toy.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

If you neither bought nor wore anything that was manufactured in a sweatshop, you'd be in rags and living in a teachest. The endless demand for ever-cheaper manufactured goods has put our own manufacturing industry on the scrapheap and created a global underclass who slave away for literally pennies making junk for rapacious consumers.

Rant over. For me, this is yet another reason not to buy those fugly dolls.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Yet another reason to not buy those dumb things.

Besides the fact they basically look like preteen trollops. I call them "Slutz". The "babyz" are "slutz in training"
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
        If you neither bought nor wore anything that was manufactured in a sweatshop, you'd be in rags and living in a teachest. The endless demand for ever-cheaper manufactured goods has put our own manufacturing industry on the scrapheap and created a global underclass who slave away for literally pennies making junk for rapacious consumers.
        Unfortunately, that is true. Unless you want to go totally pioneer and grow your own food and textiles, or you are rich enough to buy things from Fair Trade companies, you're stuck buying items that are made by slave labor or sweatshops. It's happening all over the world.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I like the Bratz dolls myself

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
            http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/1...atz-dolls.html

So, apparently there is a "sweat shop" just for these hunks of plastic...

Now please tell me, how sad this is.

People slaving away like dogs just so that some kid can get a toy.
            Are you wearing anything made in a third world country? I try to buy things made in places like America and France as much as possible, but most things are made with third world slave labor.

Comment

That's the reason I no longer buy clothes from Hollister. Not only are their clothes super over priced and just an Abercrombie wannabe store, but you can't count on any of their clothes (except for their heavy hoodies and heavy pants) to last more than a few months.

My new rule of thumb is if I can't pronounce the country's name where the clothing was made, and if I can't pinpoint it on a map in my head, I won't buy it.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Almost everything I buy is used, some of which is old enough to have been manufactured in the U.S. I don't know where that puts me morally.
                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                  Almost everything I buy is used, some of which is old enough to have been manufactured in the U.S. I don't know where that puts me morally.
                  It means you support recycling, which is good!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I support garage sales - how else can you get 3 bags of clothes for $20?
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                    X