This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThinkGeek gets Cease and Desist order for Unicorn Meat

National Pork Board claims trademark infringement because TG used the term "The New White Meat"

http://failblog.org/2010/06/26/epic-...fail/#comments
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Actually.. it seems that theyre not bothered by "The new white meat" (as they don't have a trademark on that name) but that OTHER PLACES are misquoting the joke and saying "The other white meat." Either way, someone needs to dust off their funny bone and figure out what a joke is again.

actually theyre bothered by both? Im so confused. You can't be upset because someone used a non-trademarked phrase that is vaguely similar.
    Last edited by Whiskey; 06-27-2010, 11:20 AM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Double fail, not only for the obvious but..

The TM that the pork cartel has is "the other white meat"

Think Geek said "the new white meat"

No TM infringement here.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Hmm, it's more of an orangey-brown with flecks of color...
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Years ago the promoters of lobster used the phrase "The Ultimate White Meat" to advertise their product. The Pork Board got on them, and the whole thing went to court. The lobster folks won.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Apparently there are also laws that protect people who create parodies. The unicorn meat isn't even an actual product - it was posted for April Fool's Day.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X