This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like this couple

They're getting married, she was laid off recently, and they were worried about paying for their wedding, so....

The bride-to-be came up with the best idea I've ever heard!

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/greenpic...r-wedding.html

*holds knees and rocks back and forth* So glad they didn't go into my store. So glad they didn't go into my store.

Hate... bottle returns.... So many people come in with the dirtiest possible cans and bottles... alot filled with piss or cig butts they dug out of garbage. They get so... so so so so angry if you can't take them and they kicks and throw their garbage all over store....

Then they try to stuff beer into their bags of cans like we would miss that....

Hate bottle returners....
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

She proposed at someone else's wedding? Seems kind of obnoxious to make a big scene like that at someone else's big event. Unless the bride and groom were in on it, I wouldn't want to do something like that.

Otherwise...cute story.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I like the fact that they aren't expecting, or asking, anyone else to pay for their wedding and/or honeymoon, as some couples do. And they're doing a public service!

Comment

It is a cute wedding. And totally non-traditional as well!
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have to agree that proposing at someone else's reception isn't in the best of taste. But I AM jealous that they can get away with just having a nice party for the reception instead of having to do all sorts of stupid things just because it's a wedding. There are advantages to having a small budget. (Seriously. The wedding costs under $1000. How much money do you really need to throw a party?)

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
              I have to agree that proposing at someone else's reception isn't in the best of taste. But I AM jealous that they can get away with just having a nice party for the reception instead of having to do all sorts of stupid things just because it's a wedding. There are advantages to having a small budget. (Seriously. The wedding costs under $1000. How much money do you really need to throw a party?)
              If I ever get married I will likely have the ceremony and reception in the same place. A friend of mine did that and it was really nice (the place has big round windows which look out over the ocean and the sky was a perfect blue with fluffy clouds). I have too much family that I would want to be there to really do a tiny wedding, but I would make the rehearsal dinner a casual pizza party or something.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                I like the fact that they aren't expecting, or asking, anyone else to pay for their wedding and/or honeymoon, as some couples do. And they're doing a public service!
                well the reception is pot luck so they are asking guests to bring a dish lol

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  If I ever get married I will likely have the ceremony and reception in the same place. A friend of mine did that and it was really nice (the place has big round windows which look out over the ocean and the sky was a perfect blue with fluffy clouds). I have too much family that I would want to be there to really do a tiny wedding, but I would make the rehearsal dinner a casual pizza party or something.
                  We couldn't do that, we had to have the wedding in the church proper, so the wedding was about a hundred metres away from the reception. It also lets you have the reception area set up before hand for the food, which if you're going to do it yourself (like this couple is) is necessary. Even with staff you probably wouldn't be able to do it.

A potluck wedding is nice, but you really need to get lucky in your family to be able to do one, unless you're completely broke. Most of the time you are expected to at least hire the church ladies, which is a good compromise - you get the good food, and people feel like you've gone all out.

Comment

Working...
                  X