X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fancy dancy parking

http://www.woehr.de/en/projekte/budapest_m730/index.htm

really cool underground parking system

and - most importantly - it's well it and looks very safe.
    and it frees up a lot of land above from parking hell

That is cool!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

We need to build moar of those!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

This would never work in America, on account of stupid people.

Comment

don't know til we try XD

Comment

That is really nifty. Though, sadly, I suspect dendawg is right. Probably some jackass will sue the garage owners over a scratch (that was probably already there), or refuse to pay the fee, or some other stupid thing.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can't help but imagine the kind of sucky customers this arrangement would breed. Yikes. Waaaay too many steps for your average SC. And four minutes to get your car back? That's like six hours in SC time.

Love, Who?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                That is really nifty. Though, sadly, I suspect dendawg is right. Probably some jackass will sue the garage owners over a scratch (that was probably already there), or refuse to pay the fee, or some other stupid thing.

Nice idea I will admit but.....

not to mention the all important RED token to pay for your parking at the end then get your car back.

how does a typical SC deal with that all important but LOST token??? we here all know that answer -- threaten to sue, cry and whine, shout and curse, get physical weapon (gun machette etc.) call for a manager or call Snugglegirl05's weird boss or supervisor, throw a 3 year old like temper tantrum and threaten to hold their breath till they die
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Cool, I had seen something about similar technology, but I didn't realise they had any of it actually in use. I like that they do have a way to retrieve if they lose the token. I like that they don't need to back the car in for either step. Good design allowing some of the stalls to be used in either in or out mode. My question about if it would work in North America is how is it for handling vans and SUVs? It was designed in Europe, where they are forced to be more space-efficient than us, and small cars are much more popular over there than they are here. I assume it could just be re-jigged, but they might have to basically re-do the design entirely to handle the average North American car.

Comment

You have to line up the car correctly, and I can see that alone being a major problem here. As mentioned, having to wait will also be a problem. And what happens if someone loses their token AND can't recall their license plate number?
                    Testing
                    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                      And four minutes to get your car back? That's like six hours in SC time.
                      Heh, I was thinking the same thing..
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X