X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sister Site!

www.retailhellunderground.com

Seriously; the stories here now make me thank the Gods for my current job.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Halfway down the page at July 15. Ring a bell? Saw this last week.

Towing Hell and a Crazy Custy

Storytime18 Byron, the TowTruckGrunt:

I work as a dispatcher for a tow company now for about 5 years. While nothing surprises me about the general public anymore, you still get a few surprises.

Guy calls and asks for pricing on a tow for his Camaro.

His car needs to go from the house he just moved out of to the house he just rented about 10 miles away.

I quote him $60, he accepts and I send out a driver.

Driver is dispatched to location of vehicle, but as soon as he pulls into the driveway of the house (well, shitty run down trailer actually) an irate woman wearing nothing but a sports bra and a tutu holding a bottle of so Jack Daniels and a baseball bat comes running out telling the driver to get off her property and if he so much as left a tire track on the drive she’ll sue him.

Now confused, driver calls the customer back and asks if there’s been some mistake. He thinks he’s at the right address, he sees what he thinks is the car, but wasn’t expecting the warm welcome from little miss manic.

Customer now fesses up that he’s not calling from the house, he’s calling from the new trailer home he just rented at another tailor park 10 miles away. The crazy lady is his ex-girlfriend who threw him out and he just wants his car back.

Driver decides he’s not stepping into the middle of a domestic dispute and tells the guy to work it out with his girlfriend and call us back when she’s agreed to let us on the property to get the car.

Guy says he can’t do that, there’s a court-order in place that he can’t have any contact with her, she can't have any contact with him and if they as much as makes a phone call to the other, one or both of them will be tossed in jail.

Oh sunshine and lollipops! This just keeps getting better.

Manic woman now figures out who the driver is talking to and starts yelling demands.

“Tell him I want that cellphone back too! It’s mine and he knows it!” Jason 051

And starts chucking rocks at the tow truck and giving our driver the middle finger.

The customer hears her yelling in the background says to the driver “She's a fucking bitch!! She paid her boyfriend and his buddies $100 to shoot my nuts off!!”

Our driver is in NO way going to play this game and tells the guy on the line to sort it out himself, and call us back when he has a solution. Guy starts whining that he really wants his car, and can’t we just, maybe, push it out of the driveway for him?

So he can pick it up later? The court order doesn’t cover the sad excuse of a street in front of the trailer at the trailer park she lives at.

He says the keys are in it, could we please? Driver refuses and leaves.

Guy calls me back pleading with us to please, please, get his car back from his psycho ex. I tell him that we have no intention of dodging thrown cutlery, broken bottles, baseball bats or even incurring criminal or civil charges against us for a $60 tow.

A hour later we get a call from the police. They have an officer on scene with the car. The cop has spoken to the woman and told her that she has to release the vehicle because she isn’t the registered owner and their officer will stand by to keep the peace as we load.

Our driver returns and finds that the car is now stuffed full of junk, probably everything the girlfriend could find that belonged to him, or was touched by him, or even looked at for more than a few fleeting seconds by him, or even things he might have THOUGHT about looking at at one point. About 2 ½ hours after the whole thing started so innocently, our driver finally manages to leave with the car.

To his credit, when our driver unloaded the car at the guys new trailer not only did the customer pay the $60 in cash, but gave our tow truck driver a $50 tip for all the trouble he just went through to tow the car.

--Byron, the TowTruckGrunt
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I visit this site too! One of the guys who runs the site even wrote a book!
      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Argabarga's already defended his copyright in the comments. Be interesting to see their reaction.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Argabarga's already defended his copyright in the comments. Be interesting to see their reaction.

Rapscallion
          *grabs the popcorn*

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've found their contact link and have mailed them to make sure they know of the situation. I can appreciate that people are somewhat outraged by this, but can we avoid swathes of complaining posts about it on their site, please? Hopefully things should sort themselves out when they read my email.

Rapscallion

Comment

I don't know if it would apply to the site where the stories are popping up, but I wonder if DMCA could be applied. Just a musing thought.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Raps, you are calling off all the posses lately. What am I supposed to do with my brand new torch and pitchfork? And what about this rail? I suppose you want me to let the tar cool too.

Comment

*stands next to Magpie to try and hide the now slowly cooling tar* I got the...erm... *glances at Raps* Uh... *shifts the feather pillows behind her*

Comment

Been over twenty-four hours and I've had no response from them.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Been over twenty-four hours and I've had no response from them.
                      Can we at least keep the tar warm?? Pleassssssssse??

Comment

Working...
                      X