X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear-Based work place

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ten-Si....html?x=0&.v=1

I found this article a while back while browsing Yahoo. I think the majority of us have a workplace like this.
    I just hope it hasn't been posted already or I'll look like a goof.
    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Good article. Yeah, at least 3 of my past jobs have been like this.
    Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

been there experienced that in both white and blue collar jobs. esp now.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Yeah, at least a few of those is true at the hotel. Management makes a point of leaving at least two or three applications sitting on their desks at any given time to send the clear message to everyone working here that you can be replaced. It does not help matters that they have a very unique way of doing business, which in and of itself is not bad. They expect employees to self police each other. If you notice someone making a mistake, show them the proper way to do it... only go to management if they refuse to listen to your advice. When it comes to human resources and internal policy there is very little hierarchy, the girl who makes the schedule is my coworker, not my supervisor, training is all passed on from one shift to the next, not through a supervisor, the shuttle driver listens to front desk, even though we are not higher up than them, we are merely the relayers of what guests are requesting, etc. But when it comes to guest satisfaction issues there is a hugely rigid management structure, no rate adjustments can be made without manager approval, refunds can only be issued by managers, guest complaints can only be fielded by managers etc.
        The problem lies in the fact that very few hotels follow that type of model where the internal structure is very loose but external is rigid beyond belief (I have oddly worked at call centers like that though, including the one I'm at now), so if you get employees with experience in the hotel industry they will either be extremely good at handling the fluid internal structure or good at handling the rigid exterior structure, but very few will be able to do both. Yet they insist on only hiring people from within the hotel industry and wonder why so few people are able to handle the management style
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

*gulp*

Hell's Factory just described to a T.

Shit.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X