This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Park Like An A$$hole!

Pissed off at the car that took up two spots? Irate at the Hummer parked in the compact parking space? Now you can call them out thanks to http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

I'd be leaving citations on numerous cars on campus everyday. Everyone would think I work for public safety.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I've seen similar websites before. I'd never post one because with my luck the owner would see me and could be a linebacker for the NFL. Or an ex-con.

Or both
      Testing
      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

One of our local TV News stations did a story on this website just last week.

One of their reporters went out and was slapping the "tickets" on cars that were parked assholeishly. Of course, they blurred the wording when showing the tickets on camera, and bleeping the audio whenever the reporter said the name. Funny thing was, it seemed that they were barely bleeping it. Maybe I was "hearing" it, only because it was so obvious as to what the word was.

So, anyway, the reporter is putting these on offending cars, and on at least a few of them, waited around/came back for the drivers to come back, and get their reaction. Surprisingly. most got a chuckle out of it, and admitted that they had screwed up, whether intentionally, or unintentionally.

As much as I personally don't give a rat's ass that some jerk who would park across two spots, would be horribly offended at receiving such a "vulgar" note, (much of my hatred toward inconsiderate parkers comes from the 15 years that I was in the parking business ) I was kind of surprised the reporter did that, and don't know if I would have had the balls to do it, then hang around to see the offenders reaction.

With my luck, I would have gotten a punch in the nose, or an, "Oh, I didn't even realize I'd parked that way! I was in a hurry to get to the hospital because I'd just found out about my critically injured loved one!"

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Hee, I like that site and those like it.

I got called to do a report on a seemingly abandoned car in our lot that was taking up 2-spaces. It already had 3 notes on it about what a crappy parking job it had done!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm sure we've all seen the picture of the car that parked in the little access area inbetween two handicapped spaces?

THAT HAPPENED TO US THE OTHER DAY!!!

I had to back out so my wife could get in.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I was at the store this summer & some asshole in a pickup had angled in so that the car next to him couldn't get out & he was stickin' out into the lane.I ended up helpin' the poor lady back her car out with hand signals & who should walk up but said asshole.

So I said "Nice park job asshole".He says "Guess I should move it huh?"
              I said "Yeah,that'd be a real fuckin' good idea,you ain't the only one in the lot"

He was about my age (I'm 54) & taller,but I used The Voice & he got in & tried to do a half-assed better job,I almost went over & told him to let me do it since he obviously couldn't.

About a year ago I sold my '92 Dodge Ram 2500,extended cab LWB 4WD,I used to joke that it took me 40 acres to turn around (2 of my wife's chocolate chip cookies & a beer to anyone that gets the reference ) & I could always park it,even in small lots.Might take some back & forward but I never blocked anybody with it.
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

At Store1 I once had a woman ask me to page the owner of whatever kind of car with XYZ license plate...because it was parked so close to her car she couldn't even get between the two, let alone open her door to get in.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

my issue when people take up 2 spots is if they're taking up enough space that other's can't park.

cos to me that's EWism

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                    About a year ago I sold my '92 Dodge Ram 2500,extended cab LWB 4WD,I used to joke that it took me 40 acres to turn around (2 of my wife's chocolate chip cookies & a beer to anyone that gets the reference )
                    Did it have the Cummins engine, and was it your first trip to Boston? That song dates back to at least the '70s (I've got it on a 2-volume "Road Music" LP set issued around then), so it was probably written in the days of the 55 foot overall length limit. I wonder how much space that guy would need in one of todays "big long diesel trucks" (trailer alone is 53 feet).

I guess if you went to this place you'd only be able to make a 90 degree turn, rather than a complete turnaround.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      I'm sure we've all seen the picture of the car that parked in the little access area inbetween two handicapped spaces?

THAT HAPPENED TO US THE OTHER DAY!!!

I had to back out so my wife could get in.
                      cell phone, 911, towing company and ticket.

I was at the store this summer & some asshole in a pickup had angled in so that the car next to him couldn't get out & he was stickin' out into the lane.I ended up helpin' the poor lady back her car out with hand signals & who should walk up but said asshole.

So I said "Nice park job asshole".He says "Guess I should move it huh?"
                      I said "Yeah,that'd be a real fuckin' good idea,you ain't the only one in the lot"

He was about my age (I'm 54) & taller,but I used The Voice & he got in & tried to do a half-assed better job,I almost went over & told him to let me do it since he obviously couldn't.

About a year ago I sold my '92 Dodge Ram 2500,extended cab LWB 4WD,I used to joke that it took me 40 acres to turn around (2 of my wife's chocolate chip cookies & a beer to anyone that gets the reference ) & I could always park it,even in small lots.Might take some back & forward but I never blocked anybody with it.
                      I learned to drive in 2 different cars, one belonging to my boyfriend of the time, a ferrari, and my dad's 1973 chrysler new yorker brogham. I can drive *really* fast very competently, and parallel park pretty much anything.
                      Last edited by Dave1982; 11-21-2010, 01:39 PM.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

This makes me wish I had a citation to hand out for an idiot who couldn't seem to park straight at work last week. Backed in and took up two spaces. I'm also certain that they did it on purpose because it was a new car.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

About a year ago I sold my '92 Dodge Ram 2500,extended cab LWB 4WD,I used to joke that it took me 40 acres to turn around (2 of my wife's chocolate chip cookies & a beer to anyone that gets the reference )
                          Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around
                          It's the easiest way that I've found ...

I do dearly love me some homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

Working...
                          X