X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 year old walmart greeter shoved to ground

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...er-shoved.html

All because she dared to ask a customer for her recept, you know, doing her job.

Yeah it's annoying, but where do you get off shoving an old lady like that.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Plaid, don't you know the WalMart greeters aren't real people anyway?
    They rank just slightly above janitors and just slightly below cashiers.

The sad part is that for many people that's true.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I hope that if I hit 100 I'm like this woman. She is hardcore!

Comment

It must run in her family because the article said her only living son died and still works about 34 hours per week.
        That's one busy corpse!

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
          It must run in her family because the article said her only living son died and still works about 34 hours per week.
          That's one busy corpse!

XD Read it again. Yeah it's true that her only living son is dead, but it's her that is still working 34 hours.
          Military Spouse Support.

Comment

I hope they catch the person responsible.

I'll leave it at that.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

What's a 100 year old working to begin with?? My grandmother is almost 94 & she retired a LONG time ago.

Comment

My dad's nearly 84 and left for China last Friday to arrange manufacturing for his next batch of tents...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  What's a 100 year old working to begin with?? My grandmother is almost 94 & she retired a LONG time ago.
                  Something to do, I guess.

I imagine myself being one of those work-until-I-can't-anymore types. I get bored sitting at home doing nothing.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

I imagine myself being one of those work-until-I-can't-anymore types. I get bored sitting at home doing nothing.
                    And she only started after her son died. It's very likely something to do and keep her mind off the subject that she has no family left.
                    Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

at that age, I could think of better things to do to occupy my time than being a door greeter at Wal-Mart. Door greeters barely get any respect & next to the cart people & maintenance, they're the most overlooked & abused people in the store.
                      Last edited by Bright_Star; 12-01-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Some people need the money. Some just like to get out of the house. If I'm ever so fortunate as to be able to retire, I intend to spend my time doing what I want to do, not smiling at cus-turds while standing in a drafty doorway wearing the ugliest apron known to humankind.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Wow, if I saw that douchebag shoving a 100 year old lady like that, I'd give him a major ass beating and not care if I go to jail for it. It's asshats like that makes me lose faith in humanity.

Yiz
                          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth yizuman View Post
                            Wow, if I saw that douchebag shoving a 100 year old lady like that, I'd give him a major ass beating and not care if I go to jail for it. It's asshats like that makes me lose faith in humanity.

Yiz
                            It was a woman. I know it's sexist, but aren't woman suppose to be more caring then males? I figure it be more likely a man to do that, not a woman.
                            Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                              at that age, I could think of better things to do to occupy my time than being a door greeter at Wal-Mart. Door greeters barely get any respect & next to the cart people & maintenance, they're the most overlooked & abused people in the store.
                              Thank you.

And as a former cart jockey of Price Crapper I agree that if I am fortunate enough to live to 100 and I get a hankering for something to do, the only way Wal*Mart is going to factor into it is if I'm stopping to use their restroom.

At one hundred years of age, someone should be writing about this woman's life.

Comment

Working...
                              X