• Show
Clear All

Quoth Rena_Muffin View Post
    Big Bang Theory FTW!!!
    YEAH!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I actually watched this last night for the first time. The lady and her husband bought enough food to feed the family of 6 (4 kids) for a month, which I can agree with. $680 of food for $6.42?! Yes please.
      But I agree that the people that buy stupid amounts of useless shit should be shot, and I don't even work retail. I would actually complain to management about how long I had been waiting in line (politely of course) just so that they can see first-hand how much other business they are driving away by their antics.

Comment

Based on the one show I did see...not all of us have the time and energy to put in getting the coupons, looking them up and printing them, itemizing every sale in the store and list and cost. but technically all the money you saved could be spent in buying the newspapers to get coupons or right back into the paper and ink for the printer to print?
        No one has said how they get these coupons which is good I guess because if everyone knew the stores would have an epidemic! The first couple on the show person had to call in five friends to help her at the register because she gets $10 off evry $50 order but the deal is limited to one person. So if her friends came in and each did one of her orders it would count...but she held up the register waiting on her friends. However she was very nice about the entire thing and apologized.

The other woman I saw who did the coupons had to do so to make their budget last as she was unemployed and her husband was a self employed contractor and what little they did have had to last.
        My only complaint was that her stock pile was big enough she had to encroach in her kids rooms to have a place to put it.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn
          I saw Extreme Couponing on TLC just last week. I swear I had this look on my face the entire time! These people just...I'm sorry, i don't mean to be crude here but they need help. The guy that gave the cereal away I can let pass. The others? Not so much. I mean--diving in a recycle dumpster for coupons? Hoarding (and yes, it is hoarding no matter how neat) away everything you buy and still going back for more? No. You need help. The show was enough to make me not want to use a coupon again!
          I saw that one. I loved that one guy who said he donates that much every time he shops. That and he calls ahead to make sure the store orders the quantities he is going to buy as well as have the help on hand. He's the only one I've seen so far to get a pass. The scene of him just sweeping stuff off the shelves I think was just put in to look more dramatic.

Comment

I just saw the very end of an episode (recorded at the beginning of a show on my DVR) with the guy on the lawn with the mountain of toilet paper. Really? Ree-a-ly? Even the woman who started this round of extreme couponing has said she is embarrassed. (She started doing it when her husband was laid off.)
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
              Based on the one show I did see...not all of us have the time and energy to put in getting the coupons, looking them up and printing them, itemizing every sale in the store and list and cost. but technically all the money you saved could be spent in buying the newspapers to get coupons or right back into the paper and ink for the printer to print?
              No one has said how they get these coupons which is good I guess because if everyone knew the stores would have an epidemic! The first couple on the show person had to call in five friends to help her at the register because she gets $10 off evry $50 order but the deal is limited to one person. So if her friends came in and each did one of her orders it would count...but she held up the register waiting on her friends. However she was very nice about the entire thing and apologized.

The other woman I saw who did the coupons had to do so to make their budget last as she was unemployed and her husband was a self employed contractor and what little they did have had to last.
              My only complaint was that her stock pile was big enough she had to encroach in her kids rooms to have a place to put it.
              I really want to see that episode because the family featured is from our area. I have my suspicions as to how they do it based on the the way the store runs its specials (and especially if they're shopping on a certain day of the week).

I think it's funny that TV Guide interviewed one of the people TLC featured on their show and she's saying that she's not a hoarder. Uh..just because the place isn't a mess doesn't mean that you're hoarding! Hoarding comes in all flavors, and if your closets are full of stuff that you buy multiples of..

I think there's on video on the TLC site where the woman is literally stocking up 9 - yes 9 carts full of items, from pasta to candy bars to ketchup. Who the heck needs all those bottles of ketchup?!
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                Who the heck needs all those bottles of ketchup?!
                I ask myself that everytime my work has a 10 for $10 sale. Granted, you don't HAVE to buy all 10 to get the sale price, but sometimes people do.

Did I mention ?
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

watching extreme coupon-ing right now!
                  the show is about the twins and the most extreme coupon-er
                  The twins claimed most of their birthday stuff but their stockpile had stuff that they aren't going to use or that there is enough that they can't use it all in enough time.
                  The main item was diapers and neither of them had a kid. My first thought: great you are preparing but with all the time you spend with coupons that may not come...donate?

The second person his stock pile was MASSIVE as in his current storage space ran out of room. He did donate some but ONE THOUSAND tubes of toothpaste? you won't EVER use maybe but a fraction of that in your life and still have plenty left over....
                  ok i get the coupon and stock piling but why buy stuff you don't use unless you have to or are going to donate?

I am catching on to some of these tactics but how do they get all these coupons unless they buy alot of newspapers or stock pile on printer paper and ink to print it all. and i could do that but it would be for things I, myself and family cannot eat or will not eat. so that yeah we'd stock pile but end up donating. Great in the long run but...uhm....what would we have to eat?
                  (main issue is alot of the products that have coupons have dairy in them, even if its just to mix or keep things together daughter cannot have it. I gave it up to make it easier.)

that and...even if tips on how to do this were shared not everyone has that time energy and focus..and some of us cannot take the anxiety...at all.
                  I could maybe but after the third or fourth time I'd wave the white flag. no more.

sorry for the long winded rant just blown away....mostly by the stock piles of non food items versus food. Ie mountains of tooth paste as compared to a few shelves of sauces and cans that will last a while but not years.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post

I think there's on video on the TLC site where the woman is literally stocking up 9 - yes 9 carts full of items, from pasta to candy bars to ketchup. Who the heck needs all those bottles of ketchup?!
                    yes that was the one. the first couple was the early bird shoppers who had a nice i guess reasonable stockpile and were shopping for a party for 20 people.
                    the family was a blonde woman in a pink shirt with her youngest there and her husband and shopping for a family of six for the whole month and my main thing that stuck was that she got 56 yogurts. some of it like buying the single packets of instant potatoes verses the box are good ideas based on price per quantity but some of it was...
                    just how some of them get at the register.

not saying anything bad about people, just more shocked than anything but hey i could change the channel

Comment

Working...
                    X