This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornados in St. Louis

Tonight we had a doozy of a storm pass through and I'll tell you, it's the closest a tornado has come to our home since I moved here almost 10 years ago.

I managed to get home, make a quick dinner, grab my laptop and cat and head down to the basement. It was very scary to say the least because it was just so calm. I can say that you know that it's bad when the weatherman tells the studio staff to take cover and he's going to hide under his desk and keep broadcasting. I think it might have been as bad or worse than the New Years Eve storms.
    Last edited by fma_fanatic; 04-23-2011, 04:08 AM.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Whoa....... if today wasn't Good Friday I would have been flying out of Lambert Friday night, instead Thursday. I know lots of people in Saint Louis.

Hopefully all of the injured people will recover okay.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I'm glad you're okay.

I'm working 3rd shift and Lambert airport is still closed. I've got a few customers stranded.

Scary stuff.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yeah, they said at a press conference this morning that Lambert is going to be closed today and may be open tomorrow to 70% capacity. I hope those customers understand.

Here's an updated article. Apparently the same thing happened about 40 years ago and followed almost the same path. Eerie and scary.
        Random conversation:

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
          Yeah, they said at a press conference this morning that Lambert is going to be closed today and may be open tomorrow to 70% capacity. I hope those customers understand.

Here's an updated article. Apparently the same thing happened about 40 years ago and followed almost the same path. Eerie and scary.
          They don't. My staff has been screamed at all day long.

I'm glad you are safe, hon.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
            Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            They don't. My staff has been screamed at all day long.
            Would it be too jaded of me to say I knew all along they wouldn't understand?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Would it be too jaded of me to say I knew all along they wouldn't understand?
              Right?!?

I was absolutely *shocked* that people didn't understand and were taking it as a personal affront when we advised that the airport was closed.

/end sarcasm

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                Right?!?

I was absolutely *shocked* that people didn't understand and were taking it as a personal affront when we advised that the airport was closed.

/end sarcasm
                And I'm sure if anyone had died at the airport, there'd be much screaming and gnashing of teeth.
                Random conversation:

Comment

Man the weather in St. Louis has REALLY gotten worse since I left 20 years ago. the last tornado that nearly hit the city (or even near the city) that I remember was in the early 70's. I have heard tell of a tornado that tore off the roof of the Old Area/Checkerdome/whatever (right across US41/I-64 next to Forest Park College) from Forest Park (now gone and torn down)

the last couple of years have been terrible with storms.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Ohhh, so this is what my friend was telling me about last night. A friend of mine lives in Belleville, which is relatively close to St. Louis and he was talking about tornadoes that had hit the airport. He also told me about how his mom was at a hotel with friends about six miles from the damn thing and she just kept right on drinking. Can you blame her? "Well this is probably gonna hurt. Let's order another round before we get in the basement."

Makes me glad we don't get many tornadoes in Pennsylvania. I know these storms love flat, hill-less land to frolic on. So when they see Pennsylvania's terrain, they often go, "Fuck this shit. I'm going to Wyoming."

Comment

Working...
                    X