This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    You know how the jihadists say being a martyr gets them 70 virgins in Heaven?
    A Star Trek convention?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      A Star Trek convention?
      You know that's a good point. Don't think the Quran specified they'd be female . . .
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        That time they didn't have a body. If you don't have a body, he ain't dead.
        The rumour I'd heard around that time was that he was on dialysis and should've therefore been easier to catch.

You know how the jihadists say being a martyr gets them 70 virgins in Heaven?
        I always thought it was a few hundred virgins. (NSFW)
        Last edited by fireheart; 05-04-2011, 01:49 AM.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          I always thought it was a few hundred virgins.
          Can't believe I didn't think of that first.

And a version I hadn't seen before, so thanks!

(btw, song is nsfw)

Edit:
          Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          A Star Trek convention?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwtDrRWHgr0
          (Courtesy of Kara)
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-04-2011, 12:30 AM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Apparently, that 'virgin' thing is like, the word 'virgin' is a homophone for something like fountains or spring... or eyes.
            BUT I really don't speak Arabic. /slightly ot
            EDIT: basically, the passage is debated by scholars/sects
            Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 05-04-2011, 04:52 AM.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Apparently Letterman said that theologians had learned that there had been a mixup in the paperwork and that Osama had been greeted by 72 vegans.

(from this comment here, I don't watch Letterman)
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

XD aaaand that's why I tolerate my father watching Dave! that's awesome.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I guess I'm personally a little skeptical over the whole thing. I remember back when Saddam Hussein was killed - his execution was bloody televised! Meanwhile, the man who is behind 9/11 gets allegedly killed and allegedly thrown into the ocean, where there is no visible proof that it was actually him that was killed. And of course, our wonderful president will not release photographic evidence of the man's death either.

I don't know, part of me is a bit iffy over how true this shit really is. Usually when we catch a terrorist leader, we make a huge fucking deal out of it. The coverage on Bin Laden's death seemed pretty light considering what he's done.

Basically, I'm hoping I'm wrong. And I'm hoping other terrorists don't decide to get cute in retaliation and wreck something else of ours. We can't bubble-wrap all the skyscrapers in the country, unfortunately.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                    I guess I'm personally a little skeptical over the whole thing. I remember back when Saddam Hussein was killed - his execution was bloody televised! Meanwhile, the man who is behind 9/11 gets allegedly killed and allegedly thrown into the ocean, where there is no visible proof that it was actually him that was killed. And of course, our wonderful president will not release photographic evidence of the man's death either.
                    On the other hand, as Jon Stewart pointed out last night on "The Daily Show", even photo and/or video footage wouldn't be enough proof for some people. Just think of the 1969 Lunar landing mission - even to this day, some folks think that the whole thing was orchestrated (and directed by Stanley Kubrick) in order to discourage the Russians.
                    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post

I don't know, part of me is a bit iffy over how true this shit really is. Usually when we catch a terrorist leader, we make a huge fucking deal out of it. The coverage on Bin Laden's death seemed pretty light considering what he's done.
                      Hussein's execution wasn't supposed to have been filmed - someone snuck in a cellphone with video capability. As for the "how true is this?" issue, I'd say it's true - would any politician (i.e. Obama) risk having his credibility shot to hell by making this up, and shortly after having a video by Bin Laden citing the date of the alleged killing and saying that the U.S. government is full of shit get released?

As for the burial at sea, there's a precedent (and yes, I know this is bringing Godwin's Law into play) - when the Soviets overran Berlin, they disposed of Hitler's body in an undisclosed location in order to avoid creating a place which diehards (and subsequently neo-Nazis) would revere as the tomb of their martyr.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Apparently Letterman said that theologians had learned that there had been a mixup in the paperwork and that Osama had been greeted by 72 vegans.

(from this comment here, I don't watch Letterman)
                        72 Vogons would be better.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

good job by our military and intelligence services,
                          and good riddance to someone who bests serves this world by leaving it
                          "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Comment

no its 72 houses, each house with 72 rooms, each room with 72 beds, each bed with 72 vulcans
                            There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

I forget who said it but somebody had a very funny thought.

"The Quran (spelling?) has a typographical error. Instead of 72 virgins, it should read 72 Virginians (spelling? again)."

Could you imagine 72 'good ol country boys' waiting to 'greet' Osama?
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Robin Williams, not too long after 9/11. Live on Broadway, iirc.

Comment

Working...
                                X