Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Rum mentioned in the local newspaper!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Rum mentioned in the local newspaper!

She read to a therapy dog at the local library yesterday.

Child Rum is not the one pictured on the website. However, she is pictured on the front page of the print edition. I have 4 copies of the newspaper.

Also, I have a question: Should I scan a copy of the picture and send it to BIL#1 (and his family) and BIL#2 (and his wife)? Or just send it to MIL, my sis, my grandpa? My parents already get the local newspaper so they have a copy of the picture.

Send it to everyone!

Comment

Awesome news, Rummy. Tell Child Rum that was an awesome job.

As to scanning copies to send to the BIL's and their wives: I think it's a great idea but you may want to run it by your MIL first just in case she and your FIL haven't already done so.

Outside of that, I'm with Akasa: send copies to EVERYBODY.

You've got braggin' rights, Mommy. . . .use 'em.
      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 07-11-2011, 12:57 AM.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That's so cute! I never heard of kids reading to a therapy dog before.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That is awesome!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Get extra copies (if it's possible now) and mail it to them. I don't know how many copies we bought and mailed out when my wife was on the front page of the living section of our local newspaper.

Therapy dog work is great and so rewarding.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Might also want to frame a copy too. ask about ways to keep the paper from changing colors too

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Might also want to frame a copy too. ask about ways to keep the paper from changing colors too
                Museum quality and matted?
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'll take a copy to the local framing shop, or to Michaels (they always have framing coupons). I'm just a very happy person. What I might do is color copy the article @ FedEx/Kinko's and send those to the BILs. As my mom said, they'd probably just throw it away. I even mentioned it on my FB page, and I haven't heard "Boo" from either BIL#2 and his wife or SIL#1. Their loss in celebrating the good news.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    That's so cute! I never heard of kids reading to a therapy dog before.
                    I've heard of that before. The dogs are trained to look at the child while the child reads to help children with reading skills. Dogs are patient and won't judge if the child makes a mistake, so there's less pressure to perform... it teaches that reading can be fun, not a chore or stressful.

http://www.therapyanimals.org/R.E.A.D.html

Comment

Child Rum was awesome with the dog. However, every time the dog inched closer to her, she'd back away. It was cute to watch.

And since her eye surgery, she hasn't been holding the book up to her nose, so that is another good sign.

Now Child & Mr. Rum both want a dog in the house. Just what I need ... another being to look after. Aren't a husband, a daughter, and 2 cats enough for one household?

Comment

Thanks for the link, Rummy! What an awesome activity! I <3 reading, kids, and dogs! It's good to know there's a lot of that going on in our 'hood!

I love your quote...best mom ever!
                        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                          Now Child & Mr. Rum both want a dog in the house. Just what I need ... another being to look after. Aren't a husband, a daughter, and 2 cats enough for one household?
                          Our vlcak breeder is in VA (Draggar shows Child Rum pictures of Luna)....

Don't worry, I would NOT recommend a vlcak for you.

If you do, look into reyhound rescue. They're very sweet, like big cats, behave, and don't shed.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
                            Thanks for the link, Rummy! What an awesome activity! I <3 reading, kids, and dogs! It's good to know there's a lot of that going on in our 'hood!

I love your quote...best mom ever!
                            OoO! Thanks! I had forgotten what I told the reporter. Old age brain gets in the way.

I found out at the website I can buy a copy of the picture from the paper. I'm thinking the 11x14. ("Only" $30 and for an extra $45, I can get a 11x14 frame. W00t!). I'm leaning towards the 4 wallet pics for like $5.

Draggar - You are not allowed to show Child Rum any doggie pictures. And ... OoO! Greyhounds? I love greyhounds! Now I have to get one.

Comment

YAY for ChildRum ! ! ! ! ! ! Call the paper and see if you can get an actual photograph print from them. You usually can. They charge for it, but it will last longer than the newspaper. or at least it might.

Comment

Working...
                              X