X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share info on spam callers

http://800notes.com/

It's a site to report phone numbers that are spamming you ... whether it's a telemarketer, a phishing scam, or cold-caller scams.

You can look up numbers that you've received calls from, and post about what calls you've received and what happened.

Yeah I've been using that for a while now, it's great.

I had too because one of my vendors back when I had a toy store entered my personal cell# as the store phone. And this was 6 years ago. I'm still getting telemarketing calls.

I actually had to file a report with the FCC because I asked to be taken off thier calling list 6 months ago and they still call 4-5 times per week.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Thanks. Even though I'm on the do not call list, for the past month have been getting a lot of calls from numbers that I don't recongize. Now that I know what they are, if I'm feeling froggy I might just pick up and jump their shit.
      Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

had a survey call me.

i told then no thank you and that i was on do not call
        they claimed they weren't under those rules. apparently they missed the "no thank you"

so i said no thank you again.

she said "uh hum" and we both hung up.

i looked up the number and as late as last april it was used for scams

Comment

Quoth ohsobitter View Post
          Thanks. Even though I'm on the do not call list, for the past month have been getting a lot of calls from numbers that I don't recongize. Now that I know what they are, if I'm feeling froggy I might just pick up and jump their shit.
          You can report them to the FCC - heavy fines when they do that and you can also file a civil suit against them.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

another good site is

www.whocallsme.com

kind of the same thing

the problem is that most of the calls that are of the nusiance type ie. scammers, collection agencies (who buy very old out of legal date debts) and the like are spoofing the crap outta of their numbers. one or two companies have either spoofed their numbers to non working numbers or have a multitude of "out of service" numbers. caller ID these days is almost useless as some companies literally have tens or even hundreds of "numbers" that indicate they are ALL over the country.

there seem to be one or two such as Allied Interstate that have multipule "divisions such as one for "attempting" to collect very old (even paid off debts Columbia House is a VERY popular one and they get VERY beligerant about it) debts, "charity" work (or use a name VERY similiar to a well know charity), credit card scams (even say that you DO have a CC when you have none), "surveys" to get CC or personal info, auto repair insurance, having very old data on the "person" they are trying to "collect" from (some people have had phone numbers for 15 or 20 years and still get calls for the person who had that number before them) etc.

most of the calls (according to the sites) seem to come from India or thje south Asian area

I have had these 2 sites bookmarked for almost 5 years now as our landline get flooded sometimes with many different unknown phone numbers on the caller ID. I just pop the number in to the search field and most times the sites come up with 3 or more pages of hangups, dead air, not having the ability to get your number taken off of their list, etc.

unfortuneately the Do Not Call list (at the state or Federal level) is a joke mostly because of modern telephone technology which makes is almost impossible for any "trace" to be done to find our where these companies actually are in thge US. another thing is at least at the Federal level there is littel enforcement even with multitudes of complaints. at the state level most State Attorneys have the same problem-- no way to trace the actual location.
            Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-14-2011, 08:42 AM.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Sweet jebus, I had Allied Interstate hounding me over a bill we paid off 12 years ago. Somehow a final bill from a dentist I had seen got misplaced for 2 months, it had gotten reported to whichever credit monitoring company, hubby went in to get a routine cleaning and paid it when they mentioned it. It took me threatening them with base Legal to get them to back off. I had one of the JAG guys I knew from a lecture to my paralegal class faxing over a copy of the paperwork from the dentist and a letter telling them to cease and desist or it would be going to court. Three and a half months of literally calls every day, and at least 1 dunning letter a week.

As I recall, statute of limitations on collecting a debt is like 7 years unless a court decree mandates something else [I know someone who has a 20 year mandate on their award and is still waiting to collect ... ]
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                had a survey call me.

i told then no thank you and that i was on do not call
                they claimed they weren't under those rules. apparently they missed the "no thank you"

so i said no thank you again.

she said "uh hum" and we both hung up.

i looked up the number and as late as last april it was used for scams
                That's the new scam,claim it's just a survey.I just know I scared the bejeesus out of a young girl last night when I told her she'd personally get fined $10,000 a day when the FTC (NOT the FCC) came down on their company like a ton of bricks & yes,she hung up on me.

I called the state AG & found out they're onto these scumbags,I hope they do get the maximum.

I know the poor girl is probably just someone needing a job & her boss told her what to say,but anytime I can get one of them to quit is one less person perpetuating the scam
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

yeah i dont know if it was real or a college survey like they claimed.
                  i just didn't want to talk to them

maybe next time i'll ask them to hold on while i call the college on my cell to verify the survey

Comment

Interesting update... I missed a call this afternoon and didn't recognize the number.

so I went to the site to see if I could find them.....

Not only did I find them, I recognized my own entry - yeah the SAME fucking people who called me before.

So... I added them to skype - as "Scammer McScammer". So now when they call me again I know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X