This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordstrom's Christmas Cheer

This makes me wish there was a Nordstrom's in my home town!

http://worklols.com/post/11422934010/thanks-nordstroml

(If you don't want to click the link it talks about a sign at the store that says "At Nordstrom we won't be decking our halls until Friday, November 23rd. Why? Well, we just like the idea of celebrating one holiday at a time. From our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.)
    Last edited by computeraide; 10-15-2011, 02:54 AM. Reason: Edited because I included the wrong link.

Since it says November 27th, I think it must be a couple years old. This year the 27th is on Sunday. Still I love the idea!

Comment

It probably is. The other one I was looking at was from 2007, so hopefully it is a tradition they still follow!

Comment

I did the Christmas setup one year at Nordbum's. Kind of sucked to go in Thanksgiving evening, but back then they paid time plus time and a half to do the work.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I love that Nordstrom's doesn't have their holiday decor up before October. At the store I work at, we had to have it all up by the 2nd week of September. I can understand having some Christmas stuff on the floor for sale then so the early bird Christmas shoppers can start getting stuff and so people can start stocking up on the little things for gift exchanges. Plus, they're sold at almost full price versus past 50% off. I think the trees could have waited until closer to Halloween. I've had to clean up multiple ornaments that people have broke already.

I really don't care too much about Christmas this year. I haven't for the past couple years. It's just one more day in the year for me albeit one that comes with its own set of stressors. My parents love to know what I want for gifts so they can shop ahead of time for that plus my birthday which is a week before Christmas. I told them I wanted an iPad and if I didn't get that, cash and/or gift cards would be fine. I prefer to wait until after Christmas when there usually are better prices.

Comment

I have to confess that I start buying presents for next year's Christmas as soon as the sales start in January ...

BUT - I hate it when the Christmas decorations go up before Thanksgiving. We do not do household decorations before the beginning of December, and the decorations come down Jan 1. I absolutely DETEST with the burning flames of a million suns going nova Christmas carols before the week or so before Christmas itself.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yeah....I put up my Christmas decorations on Nov 1st. Please don't beat me up.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I saw their sign last year and took a picture

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ight=nordstrom

I can understand putting out certain holiday merchandise early, but putting up the store decorations in September or October is just ridiculous. At least my work didn't start playing the music until after Thanksgiving.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-23-2011, 04:17 PM.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The Christmas crap is already out at my ex-place of work. It's been that way for a couple of weeks.

At least I only have to buy groceries there now.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It's probably sad that the first thing I thought of was that the Nordstrom stores have to have an army of people to set up not only Christmas items and decorations, but also Black Friday items.

I think the sheer logistics of taking in Christmas items, putting them out for sale, and putting up decorations and graphics is a big reason why a lot of that stuff gets pushed out early.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Nordstrom is mainly clothing and apparel, right? So they can afford to be late with their Christmas stuff. While it's a nice thought, it's more of a novelty thing to me.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      I think the sheer logistics of taking in Christmas items, putting them out for sale, and putting up decorations and graphics is a big reason why a lot of that stuff gets pushed out early.

Gotta agree with this XD A lot of suppliers ship their stock out early so stores get them early. And since there's so much stuff, and a stock room can only hold so much stock, things need to get moving out to the floor.

The end of November is late for me, but I'm Canadian so I've already had Thanksgiving lol

At my store, we're decking out the place right after Halloween. We have so many boxes in the back store of Christmas items that I practically have to sidestep and slide just to go to the bathroom. And that's with already having placed about half the items out already XD

Comment

Working...
                      X