This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to haggle for everything...

An interesting but potentially-SC-enabling article. Thanks, Mr. Colao and Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/groupthi...or-everything/

Some of the areas make sense like legal bills, real estate, etc. The big stuff.

But groceries?! Electronics? Groceries is in the picture version, but not the text. Odd. Anyway, getting up to 40% because color is wrong on a camera? Asking for free chocolate because you buy a lot of food? *snorts*

None of those small retail scenarios would never happen here. Ever. Except floor model, that I get. Geez. *sigh*

Comment

GAH!!! Dammit!!! Unless you're in a garage sale or car dealership, haggling is pointless!!! These idiots need to stop writing these haggling articles!!!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

A woman yesterday asked me for a soap bottle and I showed her the only one we carry. It was yellow. She asks for no tax, I say no, against the law. She pauses and hmmms. Then she says softly, "I wanted white ..." and just stares at the shelf while hugging the bottle. My brain went back to this board and the article and I had to fake-cough to cover my giggle. *sigh* I could only say sorry and inch away. She did end up buying it.

Just thought it was funny XD

Comment

Because I don't get enough sucktomers asking for discounts on donuts that aren't even a day old yet, or pizza slices that are still within their time limit, but "look old". Really now!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I've seriously had people haggle over Mcds food.
            Exact conversation:
            SC"Can you give me a hot and spicy with tomato without charging for the tomato? Wendy's does it."
            Me "Wendy's also charges $4 for their spicy sandwich, we charge a dollar. Your choice."
            The slice of tomato was still too rich for her blood.

Comment

I was at the grocery store to pick up a forgotten paycheck yesterday and saw an older Russian woman haggling at the customer service desk.

Asking for a price adjustment the day of the transaction is one thing (mom's done it for legit sale items that for whatever reason did not ring properly), but her receipt was from a week ago, and apparently some of the items she was arguing about were on sale then, but not now.

I think she was begging for the MOD to adjust a few prices up
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

*dons protective gear* In some cultures, not haggling is as foreign as haggling is to us. It is expected. Does that mean I want to be stuck behind somebody haggling over the price of potatoes? No..but I do understand it. Places like Walmart, etc..yeah I don't think haggling is a good idea..but I will haggle over a car or bigger purchase . What sucks about these types of articles, however, is that they spawn EWs. Which is never a good thing.

You may now throw tomatoes at me for understanding haggling
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                X