Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sounds like a good place to work.

I especially like the bit where everyone, from senior exec down, gets a month on the phones when they start.

linky

That is awesome. I love how they fired the suit who tried to blow off the call center thing. I'll bet he didn't see that coming.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      That is awesome. I love how they fired the suit who tried to blow off the call center thing. I'll bet he didn't see that coming.
      That was my favorite part of the article!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        That was my favorite part of the article!
        Mine, too.

Too bad they don't have a facility here in my town . . . I'd apply in a heartbeat.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This reminds me of Starship Troopers - the book, not the piece of shit movie.

Part of the glue that held the mobile infantry together was the fact that everyone fought. Didn't matter if you were the general, the cook, or the chaplain, you jumped. There were no "golden children" - "everybody drops and everybody fights "

The real-life Army is similar in a way... usually when you send the troops to chow, everyone eats together, officers and enlisted. And they send the enlisted up for food first. "Officers eat last."

Not all companies understand that though, but the best leaders are the ones who know what the "lowly guy" does through. Especially if they've been there themselves.

Comment

Zappos!? Really?? Dammit -- I can't even shop with them anymore because they stopped their Canadian service. But I want to support them. Or work for them.

Comment

Tony Hsieh was on The Colbert Report a few months ago and I remember thinking I would love to work there..
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Fraternisation: Managers are asked to spend between 10 and 20 per cent of their time outside the office with their employees.
                This part I don't agree with exactly.

Yes I know what they're trying to do. I saw it used in the Navy. The idea is that you should know your people, especially so you can recognize when they're having problems before they turn into major incidents.

However it can also go wrong too. I mean it's one thing to get to know your coworkers but sometimes you work with people you really don't want to associate with outside of work.

For example... say your coworkers engage in legal pursuits you disagree with or don't like doing? Should you be punished for not being a "team player"? Should you have to join them anyway?

I mean I'm all for putting your workers first, the whole "officers eat last" thing but there are limits. and if it feels like your company is micromanaging your time off it starts feeling really fucked up

Comment

Working...
                X