This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst places to work in the US

I have seen many of these names show up in the forums.

Worst companies to work for

Who else should be added?

For our Non-US members, post choices for your country.

Please remember, think twice before post personal information. You may want to stick with former employers.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

What list of bad jobs to be in would be complete without Wal-Mart?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

And I just applied for a job at one of those places, too.
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

As far as the UK goes, I'd have to nominate G4S. My ex works for them (he joined Securicor originally, then they merged with Group 4) They were the ones given the contract to provide the security for the London Olympics.

When it was announced a few weeks before the games that they hadn't got enough people to cover them (the armed forces had to fill up the gaps) I for one wasn't at all surprised. They couldn't schedule a bunk-up in a brothel. When ex and I were together, his roster was constantly being messed around, nobody seemed to know what any of the employees were doing or which site they were on. I lost count of the times I'd get a phone call from Region asking to speak to the ex..
        Me: He's asleep, he was on at (site) last night.
        R: Oh, was he? Could you wake him, this is important?
        Me: No I couldn't wake him, he's due on again tonight and needs to sleep.
        R: Well I need him to do (such and such at a different site) will you ask him to ring me when he wakes up?
        Me: OK, he'll be waking up at about 2.

Then when ex woke, he'd ring Region, the person who'd phoned up wouldn't be there and nobody else would know anything about it.

Or they'd ring up and say, we want you to do a day shift at (site) on Saturday. And he'd say, how am I going to do that when I'm working the Friday night shift at (other site 40 miles away) ? Or he'd get to the end of a shift and there'd be nobody turn up to relieve him. Two 12 hour shifts on top of each other, lovely.

Fair enough, things do happen, emergencies crop up, but this happened all the time. Nobody knows what anyone else is doing. And don't get me started on the number of times his pay got messed up.
        Last edited by Marmalady; 08-13-2012, 07:53 AM.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
        X