This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest. Egg separation. Evar.

The first video is the one to watch. It's in Chinese, but you just need to watch the demonstration. I hope it really is this easy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...f=food&ir=Food
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

I'm going to try that to see if it works for klutzy folk like me. (I do the slip it back and forth between the shell halves method presently)

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
      I'm going to try that to see if it works for klutzy folk like me. (I do the slip it back and forth between the shell halves method presently)
      that's what i do too.

maybe it's me but it seems a bit like they're reinventing the wheel?

Comment

That is sooo awesome.

Comment

I just crack the egg into my hand and let the white run between my fingers. The method in the video is pretty cool, though.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'd be afraid that I'd break the yolk this way - I'd press the bottle down too hard and it would be curtains for the egg. I just use an egg separator. I am curious to see if this method would work though. Less messy if it does.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
            --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

One thing to note is the water bottle they used. Here in the states, we are trying to reduce the plastic used in the water bottles. They won't bounce back and therefore suck up the yolk. You would be better off using a soda bottle. Slightly heavier construction.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I saw a different video of this linked on failblog's sister site, WIN. So very awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEx3h02epQ
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  I just crack the egg into my hand and let the white run between my fingers. The method in the video is pretty cool, though.
                  never tried that method. partly because i try not to touch the raw egg with my skin, not with all the salmonella fears Mom tried instilling in sis & I when we were kids

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    never tried that method. partly because i try not to touch the raw egg with my skin, not with all the salmonella fears Mom tried instilling in sis & I when we were kids
                    There's actually an extremely low risk of salmonella in eggs. Even if you happen to get one that has it, getting it on your skin won't hurt you, just wash your hands afterwards.

As a baker, I separate eggs by the carton, and I crack the eggs (on the counter, never on the side of the bowl!) and "strain" the white through my fingers. Fastest, easiest way to do it.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                    X