This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey artists!

Just had this article come across my Twitter feed. Considering all the bad clients I've seen mentioned here, it seemed far too appropriate not to share.

The Bad Client Diet
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

I just had someone one DeviantArt make a request (which I don't do) with the charming line of "I can't pay you, but......"

First, I don't do requests. Second, you are such a special snowflake that I (a) should make an exception just for yoooouuuuuu, and (b) spend hours of my free time and my materials drawing you a picture for nothing in return because you're just that fucking special.

Yeah. Not happening.
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

perhaps sending them this link would be good

if they read it of course... from some of the DA horror stories I've read, "reading comprehension" may be iffy at times.

I mean granted, there are times when doing free work may pay off, say with starting out, or work-for-trade etc. however it doesn't mean that every person demanding a freebie is a good business venture, even if they claim it to be so.

Comment

Working...
      X