Clear All

• A Global Bacon Shortage Is Coming

A Global Bacon Shortage Is Coming
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

A bacon shortage?!

Dear god NO!

Whyyyyyy?!

I can't tolerate a world without bacon!

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Luckily the world will end in three months or so, so we don't have to experience this horror.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        Luckily the world will end in three months or so, so we don't have to experience this horror.
        There had to be a silver lining to the end of the Mayan calendar.

No bacon???

The horror!!!!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I wonder if it's related to the corn shortage.

You see around here most corn is grown for feed (dunno if any is for fuel) iirc and most of the crops died this summer from the heatwave. And not just locally but apparently across the state and in neighboring states as well.

although bacon is still in plenty here - pork is king here in the south. but this should be interesting.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I wonder if it's related to the corn shortage.

You see around here most corn is grown for feed (dunno if any is for fuel) iirc and most of the crops died this summer from the heatwave. And not just locally but apparently across the state and in neighboring states as well.
            That's how I heard it on the news. The drought in the US causing corn shortages which meant that farmers had to sell pigs that they couldn't feed early and at a much lower price causing a glut in the market. Within 6 months that glut will have worn out and there won't be enough pigs to cover production after that.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That is all.
              Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                That's how I heard it on the news. The drought in the US causing corn shortages which meant that farmers had to sell pigs that they couldn't feed early and at a much lower price causing a glut in the market. Within 6 months that glut will have worn out and there won't be enough pigs to cover production after that.
                that makes sense.

we had to drive almost halfway across the state here to go to a roller derby event once and i was rather shocked at how much death I saw in the cornfields.

I can only imagine that's going to fuck with gas prices too.

Comment

Better start stocking the fridge now!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Relax my friends.....

The subtitle says it all:

How a British trade association press release sent the Internet into a senseless panic

Also look into making your own.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That subject was the basis for this editorial cartoon that appeared in my local paper Thursday.

I think it says it all:
                      http://blogs.ajc.com/mike-luckovich/...mike_luckovich

Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Odd....it was reported in the capital city's newspaper the other day that Iowa has a RECORD crop of hogs this year. Hmm. Could Iowa cure the worldwide bacon crisis? Haha!
                        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post

That is all.
                          Holy crap where did you find that?

So I dunno about a bacon shortage, still have to read the article. I did hear about the heatwaves all over though
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                            Holy crap where did you find that?
                            Rageface comics. They're all over the net, largely on Reddit, with collections on various websites... http://ragecomics.com/

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                              Rageface comics. They're all over the net, largely on Reddit, with collections on various websites... http://ragecomics.com/
                              So that's where those come from. Thanks a lot I have MORE online shit I have to look at now
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X