This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did they ask in this poll?!

The title says a lot: Shoppers will switch for customer service. No surprise there, but the poll they cite:

Asked how they would spend more cash with a particular retailers, consumers cited the following:
    ■ 40% said they would spend more for an improved "overall customer experience."
    ■35% said they would do more business with companies that handled their questions better.....
    70% of shoppers have stopped doing business with companies over a single lousy customer service experience. Worse for those companies, 92% of those shoppers went directly to a competitor to do their shopping.
    The first stat cited would be news to us, wouldn't it?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

For starters, it was a European survey. "The survey focused on 1400 online shoppers (50% female, 50% male) who had made a complaint or enquiry to a customer services department in the last 12 months."

I would almost interpret that as "You lost 70% of your worst customers."
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yup, people who want an improved "overall customer experience", and wanted their questions answered, BUT NEVER STEPPED INTO THEIR STORE before complaining.

Comment

You have to remember that some of these online stores have no brick & mortar.

When I think online shopping, I think self serve. Customer service is NOT what I am looking for unless I get a defective product. I am also thinking discount.

Gut level feeling is the "I would pay more" is BS.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
        X