Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't give the judge the middle finger. Really.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
    I read a lot of the comments and can't believe how many people are slamming the judge and saying the girl really didn't do anything worthy of jail time or higher bail.
    *DERP*

Let's see
    - drug trafficking of prescription medication ("bars" is the highest dose of xanax available with a 'script)
    - being stoned WHILE IN COURT
    - mouthing off at the judge and specifically giving him the middle finger and telling him " you"

what world do they live in when any of that is acceptable?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      what world do they live in when any of that is acceptable?
      Miami.

Sorry, but Miami is almost a different world. At least, parts of it are. If you've never been there, it's kinda hard to explain.

In any case, situations like this are examples of why I have long had a policy of having a very small vocabulary with cops and judges. That vocabulary generally goes something like this:

"Yes, sir."
      "No, sir."
      "Yes, ma'am."
      "No, ma'am."

That has served me pretty damn well over the years, thank you very much. And has gotten me out of a good bit of trouble that I would have otherwise been in had I mouthed off or not been respectful of said authority figures, whether or not I agreed with what they were doing at the time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
      X