X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mindy McCready

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/17/mindy-...-dies-suicide/

I'll withhold my opinion of suicide, but damn, this is tragic.

It's always a shame when somebody decides to take their own life, but from my understanding she was the country music equivalent of Amy Winehouse.

I know her because a friend of mime loved one of her songs and played it all summer until I got sick of it.

Aside: Linked below is the story of Honey Boo Boo's mother losing 100 pounds. Does this mean she farted 1,200 to 1,500 times a day?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      It's always a shame when somebody decides to take their own life, but from my understanding she was the country music equivalent of Amy Winehouse.

I know her because a friend of mime loved one of her songs and played it all summer until I got sick of it.
      Channelling Carnac the Magnificent - the song your friend kept playing was ... "Guys Do It All The Time". Am I correct?

One big difference between Amy and Mindy is that Amy had an extended career, while Mindy was a "one-hit wonder".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The last few months she's been in the tabloid rags because of some truly odd things she was doing. It sounds like everything spiraled out of control for her.

I hope she found the peace she was looking for.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          One big difference between Amy and Mindy is that Amy had an extended career, while Mindy was a "one-hit wonder".
          Well, I don't think it was the music successes that were being referred to with the "Amy Winehouse" comparison.

Both women had their battles with addiction, as well as horrendous personal troubles that they were dealing with.

Besides, while "Guys do it all the Time" was one of her biggest and best known recordings, I wouldn't exactly call Mindy McCready a one hit wonder at all.

Also, in my opinion, we should be focusing less on the musical success and more on the sad and tragic death of a talented 37 year old woman who has left behind two young children.
          Last edited by Ree; 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Channelling Carnac the Magnificent - the song your friend kept playing was ... "Guys Do It All The Time". Am I correct?
            Yeah, I think that was it.

I believe, among other things, that she was linked to Roger Clemens, and he's a shady character himself.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-18-2013, 06:14 PM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X