Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most expensive Starbucks drink, ever!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most expensive Starbucks drink, ever!

http://consumerist.com/2013/02/20/is...cal-procedure/

"A venti 40-shot mocha Frappuccino soy mocha drizzle matcha powder protein powder caramel brulee topping with strawberry, two bananas, caramel drizzle Frappuccino chips and vanilla bean."

Here's a possible pic of the customer:

Last edited by dendawg; 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM.

Ok that's way too much crap for a coffee drink......
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

The video of the guy doing it is hilarious!

And this is one of those things that makes me so glad that I am NOT a coffee drinker. Because, me being me, I would be determined to top that!

And for those thinking, "Well, what about doing something similar with beer?", the problem is that there are some beers out there that are VERY expensive, i.e., several hundred dollars for a single bottle, and they are simply out of my price range. Also, beer is not like coffee in that you can't just keep adding stuff to it.

Maybe I'll try to get myself the most expensive bloody mary.....hmmm, seems a place in NYC has a bloody for $35!

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna bow out of this particular game and wait for the next coffee nut to try to top this. I'll be the guy over there, watching, laughing, and drinking a beer.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        And for those thinking, "Well, what about doing something similar with beer?", the problem is that there are some beers out there that are VERY expensive, i.e., several hundred dollars for a single bottle, and they are simply out of my price range. Also, beer is not like coffee in that you can't just keep adding stuff to it.
        What is that Belgian monastery brew that they make limited cases of and when they are gone that is it for the year? My google fu sucks today but I remember reading about it a couple years ago.

Sorry, I really can't see spending like that for something stupid like a coffee, once you start adding all that crap you really can't taste the coffee. It is exactly the same reason I wouldn't torment Jester by getting an Angostura Legacy and coke.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

He didn't even order it properly - anything with 40 shots of espresso is NOT a "venti", since "venti" is derived from the Italian word for "twenty", and refers to a 20 ounce cup.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My taste buds say "YOLO!" but my teeth say "FML."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What's "YOLO"? What's "FML"?

I must be getting old...I no longer understand the lingo!

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              What is that Belgian monastery brew that they make limited cases of and when they are gone that is it for the year? My google fu sucks today but I remember reading about it a couple years ago.
              Um, don't know. There are many Belgian monasteries that brew beer. If you're drinking any beer that's a "Trappist," odds are good that it's from a Belgian monastery, as six of the eight beer-brewing Trappist monasteries are in Belgium. (The other two are in Austria and the Netherlands.) But yeah, no idea.

It is exactly the same reason I wouldn't torment Jester by getting an Angostura Legacy and coke.
              Not familiar with that one. Familiar with the Angostura distillery, of course (love that 1919!), but have not heard of the Legacy. I am going to assume it's a lovely sipping rum, yes? Care to give me some more details about it?
              Last edited by Jester; 02-21-2013, 01:26 AM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

"YOLO" is stereotypically used by people about to do something appallingly stupid, knowing that it's stupid and probably dangerous, and just shrug and figure "You Only Live Once!"

Rather analogous, in a way, to "hold my beer and watch this!"

"FML" is stereotypically used by people who feel put-upon by the world, that whatever just happened to them is the latest in a string of events that make them feel miserable, and so they sigh and say "Fuck My Life."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

You're too happy in your job and plan on getting much older.

You Only Live Once
                  F**k My Life
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I must amend something here, methinks.

I'm quadra-lingual--English, sarcasm, profanity, and meme.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                      Ok that's way too much crap for a coffee drink......
                      No kidding. Hell, even adding that much at a Menchies would be considered to be nuts (that's a self-serve fro-yo place by the way, with very yummy stuff!)

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      He didn't even order it properly - anything with 40 shots of espresso is NOT a "venti", since "venti" is derived from the Italian word for "twenty", and refers to a 20 ounce cup.
                      So it's a quaranta?

(I knew the word in French, since French and Italian share similar patterns but was trying to translate it into Italian and got stuck!)
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Not familiar with that one. Familiar with the Angostura distillery, of course (love that 1919!), but have not heard of the Legacy. I am going to assume it's a lovely sipping rum, yes? Care to give me some more details about it?
                        Angostura Legacy Rum. Purported to be currently the worlds most expensive rum. Doesn't mean it is actually good, just an advertising campaign
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I wonder if it tastes anything like a squishie made entirely from syrup...
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Angostura Legacy Rum. Purported to be currently the worlds most expensive rum. Doesn't mean it is actually good, just an advertising campaign
                            Holy crap! That's five times more expensive than Appleton Estate 50 year (aka Jamaica Independence Reserve) which is already ridiculously expensive!

And no, my bar has no plans on getting either one. That's just NUTS! (Not, mind you, that I wouldn't drink either one if given the opportunity....)

But yeah, ordering either one of these with coke? Well, let's put it this way...we have several fantastic rums that are less expensive than these two, and may well be lesser rums in general. And these are the rums that I tell people that, by law, if someone orders them with coke, I must punch that person in the face.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Holy crap! That's five times more expensive than Appleton Estate 50 year (aka Jamaica Independence Reserve) which is already ridiculously expensive!

And no, my bar has no plans on getting either one. That's just NUTS! (Not, mind you, that I wouldn't drink either one if given the opportunity....)

But yeah, ordering either one of these with coke? Well, let's put it this way...we have several fantastic rums that are less expensive than these two, and may well be lesser rums in general. And these are the rums that I tell people that, by law, if someone orders them with coke, I must punch that person in the face.
                              The only stuff I don't order out of the well for with a mixer is something specialty like a rum and a ginger mixer. [Dark and Stormy is Goslings dark, a light and stormy is a 10 cane light rum and ginger ale.] I will make a rare exception in uncaffeined nonsugar cola and if I make a mixed well rum and cola at home I use Cane Cola, which is worth the occasional sugar splurge. Checking the bar cupboard, we have Goslings golden rum and their dark rum, and a couple of specialty rums, and some ponche we havent quite finished off.

Comment

Working...
                              X