• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joss Whedon - Much Ado About Nothing

I do not know how to absorb this information right now;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5kk...layer_embedded
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Adding to my list of movies I have to see this summer. I think I have to look forward to this one!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I've been waiting SO long for this. I heard about it shortly after filming happened (in the midst of filming The Avengers, because Whedon is insane) and have been waiting AGES for it to get distribution. FINALLY.

Four words: Nathan Fillion as Dogberry.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

can't decide which i want more. this version of the doctor who / donna version.

or i can just follow an infamous motto...

Cant decide? Get both!

Comment

Not my favorite comedy, so I've only read it once, which may actually be to the good - I expect Mr. Whedon will make me appreciate it much more.

oh - and 21-06-2013 USA release if the trailer link doesn't say so.

Thanks Ambrosia.

Comment

My favorite Shakespeare play brought to life by one of my favorite directors? Squeeeeeeeeeee!
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Much Ado About Nothing (when performed by a good set of actors) has been the only show/movie I've seen that has been able to make me (in this order);

Laugh really hard, freak out, gasp, laugh even harder, burst into tears and simper like a lost puppy, and then the scene immediately following the tears break into another fit of hysterical laughter.

So... yeah... I love Much Ado About Nothing. XD
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

now if only they could make Romeo & Juliet bearable to watch.

O wait. Shakespeare already did that by lampooning it in "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Comment

Same here, bhskittykatt.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I like Joss Whedon but this feels like 90210 to me.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                      I like Joss Whedon but this feels like 90210 to me.
                      In many ways, the original play is very 90210. Intrigue, scheming, lasciviousness, violence, etc., etc. We're so used to seeing Shakespeare as The Playwright that we neglect to see the actual stories behind the writing. The reason his plays are so attractive, even to modern audiences, is that they deal with the classic archetypes of humanity, in the classic stories. Boy meets girl, boy is kept from girl by external force.

One of my favourite books, Imajica, has my favourite quote regarding drama:

"It was the pivotal teaching of Pluthero Quexos, the most celebrated dramatist of the Second Dominion, that in any fiction, no matter how ambitious its scope or profound its theme, there was only ever room for three players. Between warring kings, a peacemaker; between adoring spouses, a seducer or a child. Between twins, the spirit of the womb. Between lovers, Death. Greater numbers might drift through the drama, of course—thousands in fact—but they could only ever be phantoms, agents, or, on rare occasions, reflections of the three real and self-willed beings who stood at the center. And even this essential trio would not remain intact; or so he taught. It would steadily diminish as the story unfolded, three becoming two, two becoming one, until the stage was left deserted. Needless to say, this dogma did not go unchallenged. The writers of fables and comedies were particularly vociferous in their scorn, reminding the worthy Quexos that they invariably ended their own tales with a marriage and a feast. He was unrepentant. He dubbed them cheats and told them they were swindling their audiences out of what he called the last great procession, when, after the wedding songs had been sung and the dances danced, the characters took their melancholy way off into darkness, following each other into oblivion. It was a hard philosophy, but he claimed it was both immutable and universal, as true in the Fifth Dominion, called Earth, as it was in the Second. And more significantly, as certain in life as it was in art."
                      Anyway, all of that being said... JOSS WHEDON AND SHAKESPEARE MUST HAVE NAO!

And Alexis Denisof as Benedick? OMNOMNOM.

Comment

Kia I totally just got the image of you lifting up a plushie of Denisof in his Benedick costume and eating it.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                          Kia I totally just got the image of you lifting up a plushie of Denisof in his Benedick costume and eating it.
                          >.>

There would probably be nuzzling, first.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                            >.>

There would probably be nuzzling, first.
                            Didn't your mother tell you to never play with your food?

Comment

You've never seen my cats with their plushies. They nuzzle the crap out of those things before ripping them apart. It's freaking hilarious, and the image I got in my head regarding playing with one's food.

Comment

Working...
                              X