X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticing it to the WBC

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...bow-paint-job/

I bet they're not happy about this. It puts a smile on my face.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

I dunno. according to the article, the daughter (who is very outspoken in her hate-fueled views) is enjoying the attention it is bringing to them.

That's perhaps what people forget about the WBC. They enjoy attention.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      I dunno. according to the article, the daughter (who is very outspoken in her hate-fueled views) is enjoying the attention it is bringing to them.

That's perhaps what people forget about the WBC. They enjoy attention.
      Very much this. They don't care what kind of attention they get, since they clearly believe everyone shares their views. And while plenty of people probably share their views on homosexuality, I can't think of any rational, sane homophobe that would approve of the way they try to picket military funerals.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Unfortunately this is true. While I like the guy's idea, from the WBC's point of view, any attention is good attention. This sort of thing allows them to don their "martyrs-for-Jesus" robes.

The worst thing people (and the media) could do is ignore them completely. Nothing stings like the public making it quite clear that you are completely irrelevant to anything.

Comment

The problem is that people aren't going to ignore them. The media loves them just as much as they love the media for the rage-inducing headlines.

Therefore, why not take all the attention they're going to get no matter what we do and turn it to something good instead?

The daughter is completely deluding herself at this point. "Oh they'll think about God" -- No, they'll be thinking about how awesome that guy with the rainbow house is.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I saw this yesterday. I know they don't need any more attention but I love it anyway
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Unfortunately this is true. While I like the guy's idea, from the WBC's point of view, any attention is good attention. This sort of thing allows them to don their "martyrs-for-Jesus" robes.
              That's why in all honesty… I think they'd just be a footnote of crazy in the back end of some lost history book, if it weren't for the fact that people feed their drama.

I say, treat them like they're too boring to even acknowledge.
              In my opinion, that would strike at them deeper than anything else can.

Comment

Working...
              X