This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iiiinteresting....

What do you mean that the body's laying at a strange angle?

And what kind of wings? (Not that it's important, just curious.) Reminds me of the Vorlons from Babylon 5.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Hard to describe (for me) but the angle is one that MOST humanoid bodies would not be able to do naturally.

As for the wings would be kind of like This
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

One more question (hopefully only one lol): How many of the natives are around? Is it just Dawn and the, erm, still-breathing corpse?
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Since they've never experienced a death, you have quite a crowd around. They are a respectful distance from you, and cloaked/hooded, but they are there.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Keep in mind that Colt has no warning of what is going on. The perception filter they have is interfering with this investigation. Steel doesn't provide any special vision..though chances are the 'worm' would just bounce off of it.

Comment

Thundercats reference! Wooo!

So I'm not overwhelmed by the auras of the living natives in the area? I half expected to be.

You said the body looks like it fell from a great height. I assume that means I'm seeing broken bones, ruptured organs, etc. Are there any tall buildings nearby that he could have fallen from? (Yeah, I know. Wings. But still...)
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

I am getting to what else you would see . Right off the bat you would have been focusing on the body, or so I assume. After the fun dies down, your sight will show more.

As for the body, yes there are buildings which could have been where it fell from (and yes, you are seeing ruptured organs and the like).

Comment

Tyg3rW01f, the only reason I didn't give Colt a warning was because you posted faster than I did.

ETA:
                  Mytical, do I sense any others of these chaos worms nearby? Perhaps within the natives nearby? Or perhaps I wouldn't be able to tell because their auras are very strong while the chaos worm's aura is very weak. The former would drown out the latter.
                  Last edited by Ghel; 07-25-2013, 06:37 PM.
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

Give me a moment to make a better post..I am trying to figure out something.

Ok, trying to figure out with the 'softness' of their power light if the more harsh Worm would show. I figure it would, but that there would be none nearby, so xe would not know if the power would hide it or not..so it would be unclear if the worm can be seen within the Utopians.
                    Last edited by Mytical; 07-25-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

A little better, but trying to figure out how to give more info when my mind is doing the Oooo shiny! bit.

Comment

Sappuityok is also looking at the corpse to see if xe can determine whether he died before he struck the ground. For example, looking for injuries that don't align with either the impact with the ground or the worm bursting from his chest.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

With the body such a mess, it is difficult to do so, but yes..there is a wound in the back of the head that does not fit. You can't really tell what hit him there, but it doesn't look like a 'man made' (or in this case Utopian made) weapon.. nor claws and teeth.. similar to a vulture beak perhaps, though bigger.

Comment

Am I right to assume that Sapputiyok can't see this wound (like the other wounds), that xe can only sense it with xer sixth sense?
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

That is correct. It is only with your special sense you can see any wounds at all. The perception filter would show them still perfect, so Colt can not see anything but a perfectly healthy being that happens to be dead. Even after the worm burst forth, there is no wound that your normal sight can see..but there is with the special sense.

Comment

PLEASE hand-wavium an EXTREMELY AMATEUR and butcherous autopsy that would make American Civil War surgeons cringe, Mytical? And trust me, while I doubt they'd find even 10% of what Ducky from NCIS or Dr. Albert "Al" Robbins, M.D. from C.S.I. would find, but maybe they'd find enough to confirm a fall from a great height, the presence of the worm (and any damage it did) and confirm a Dahhawk attack?

Ghel, your char would be doing most of the examination and note-taking, even though Colt is doing all the cutting and "dirty" work, as I doubt he'd see anything but a perfect body... which is why he's NOT taking a hand off the body

Comment

Working...
                                X