Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt notes the approaching figure. Steel...? Un-Sub on intercept vector. Ideas?

(("Un-Sub" is 317 cop-speak for "Unknown Subject"))

Comment

• ((I watch Criminal Minds as well. ))

Venus - Colt

"Avoidance is best. We can not engage without dropping stealth, and that might be a bad idea. I detect a vantage point where we might go unseen, but able to keep an eye on the fight approximately 50 yards do southeast. It might be a good position to confront the figure."

Venus - Valzar

As you get closer to the figure, you start picking up a background radiation that would be very similar to some background radiation Sapputiyok has (comes from passing through dimensional barriers frequently). The only other person that would also have this radiation would be Kiki.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *to self* Alright, that's definitely worth investigating. Remember, though, observe and take notes. Don't confront without a reason. *continues to follow*
        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Sapputiyok marvels at the ease with which the Uranian's form xe assumed defends against the Venusian champion's attacks, even while vaguely wondering why it was not Kiki xe was fighting. After a few minutes of largely uneventful hand-to-hand combat, Sapputiyok realizes that the battle would be a stalemate if they continued in this fashion. Not wanting it to turn into a battle of endurance, xe uses xer powers in addition to the Uranian's. After deflecting one of the champion's blows, xe tugs on the champion's shoe to throw her off balance and send her tumbling to the ground, eliciting boos from the arena audience. Still the Uranian's form refuses to go on the attack, so the champion hops to her feet, rage apparent on her face.

Sapputiyok takes notice when Colt and Steel suddenly appear on xer "radar." However, since the Venusians seem not to notice him, Sapputiyok keeps xer focus on the battle. Xe uses xer powers several more times, subtly knocking the champion off balance and making her look clumsy in front of the other Venusians. Xe hopes that it would embarrass and anger the champion enough to cause her to make a mistake, but though she seems to get more and more enraged, her tactics remain as effective as before.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Okay.
            Colt began to move toward the spot, and away from Valzar, noting the Un-Sub followed. Okay, Un-Sub can either detect us in some fashion, or xe can see us. Here's hoping we can confront without being too obvious at the spot you found, Steel.

Comment

• Alright, the way you are moving tells me you want me to follow you. This probably isn't the best idea, but I don't have any better ones right now.
              Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Just as the two arrive at the spot where a confrontation could take place, chaos erupts. Masked Venusians charge from similar spots like the one that Steel had found. Though the other Venusians are a well trained force, not easily caught off guard, nobody could fathom interrupting such a sacred event. They make a beeline for Sapputiyok a few yelling "Death to the Federation Dogs!". Counting time for the 'friendly' (I use the term loosely) Venusians to come down from the arena seats, and recover from the shock, the renegades have a good five seconds on the others. Because Colt and Valzar are closer, however, they have a good chance to intercept. Now, if that is a good idea or not is another matter. One thing is for certain, however, if they reach Sapputiyok, xe would not have five seconds. As good as Uranians are, even they can not take that many Venusians at once.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Forget whatever this thing is, the fight is not playing out according to Hoyle Valzar runs to intercept the aggressive Venusians.

Comment

• Colt, knowing this would not end well, whipped out his rifle and sighted in on the first renegade and fired. Not waiting to see if his first triple-shot had done anything, he adjusted his aim and fired at the renegade in the back of the formation.
                    It was a classic tactic used to bottleneck and trap moving vehicles in enclosed spaces. Take out the lead, then take out the tail. You get a nice, air-tight box full of lots and lots of dead people.

...Yeah, when you take out VEHICLES. Colt snarled.

Comment

• Valzar reaches the Venusians as one that has fallen a little behind the others goes down. Since they are not running in a straight line, lined up like ducks at a carnival fair, but fanned out this does little to stop the others. One in the front was hit, but just seemed to jerk a little, stumble, and then get back to their feet. Valzar notices that up close, he can see something hidden under the cloths that they wear that is shiny. Even under the weird skull like masks they are wearing. Must have assumed at least a few in the audience might have a distance weapon and came prepared accordingly.

Back at the fight between Sapputiyok and the champion, the champion does something very odd. She comes running right at Sapputiyok, then ... flips over her, and blocks a blow from one of the Venusians that had made it to the fight. "You Zaar'k you will not soil my honor in this method!" Sapputiyok's translator doesn't translate it, but thanks to Adam's ability it doesn't really need to. Lets just say that it rates somewhere below sewage filth.

Comment

• Great, these people are armored. I am nowhere near prepared for this. Valzar goes to take on the first injured person, to try to finish her off.

Comment

• Sapputiyok curses mentally and moves to defend the champion as well as xerself. Xe uses xer powers to knock the weapons out of the attackers' hands, trying to slow them down and force them to fight with their hands. Xe uses the Uranian's abilities to deflect the attackers' blows, hoping it will be enough.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• After taking several blows from a staff from one of the hostiles, Valzar catches the weapon through shear luck. Holding onto it for a few minutes, due to utter shock, the weapon starts to melt in his hands.

Comment

• Colt swore, and aimed for the backs of the renegade's heads. He took a shot at yet one more, and then ran toward the melee.

Comment

• Venus

As Colt is running, Steel transforms into his 'speed' form, and easily catches up to the rest. As soon as Colt catches up, Steel goes into it's 'strength' form for armor/protection and to even overmatch them on strength. While not near as fast or agile as them, Colt is protected against their attacks.

Valzar's suit manages to match agility and strength, but how long is the question. Luckily for him, he doesn't really have to find out. Learning that his touch can melt metal, they become MUCH more cautious. A couple circling him.

Between Sapputiyok and the champion the attackers know that they are out of time and have lost. Unfortunately that means they have nothing to lose. They go for an all out blitz. Just as Sapputiyok braces for the onslaught a figure drops down between the champion/her and the attackers. They are wearing a black body suit from neck down, and a blindfold around their eyes. Both Sapputiyok and Valzar can see the increased power of the figure, which they can recognize as Kiki.

With all that is going on, Colt ends up with only one remaining enemy, Valzar two, and the rest are subdued.

Comment

Working...
                                X