Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sounds good, but if you think I am joining the suits.." he looks at both of you, "no offense meant, it is going to take a heck of a bribe." He shows/fills in Sam about what he knows so far..even his side trip to the vamps and what happened. "I will be honest, I'm stumped as to what this is..and so are the rest of the Hunters. That almost never happens."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sam get Josiah on the way and talks more indepth with Noah, getting a feel from him as a person and picking his brain.

Although they come up with little more then they already know, Sam's normal phone rings just listening for a moment rolling her eyes at Noah and makes to bang her head on the table they are sitting at before saying "alright, we'll be there shortly."

She hangs up then turns to Noah, "Seems they might have a person in custody, caught trying to sell some items that were reported stolen in the last robbery...that was murder. Care to join me?"
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Noah nods. "You and I both know though, its probably some poor slob who was in the wrong place at the wrong time."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

((last post for bed))

"Maybe hes innocent, maybe not....I've got a good gut feeling about people lying to my face or not...so I typically play "bad cop"...trust me when I say no ones ever lied to my face."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Josiah muttered all the way through the airport and into the Richmond airport. He found the set-up as Sam had described and settled in. In his hotel room, he made good use of his new laptop and started working on an education in Civil War clothing and memorabilia.

Comment

"I can play good cop..or worse cop. Done both. Up to you. Lets go."

Comment

Sam stood up with only the barest perceptible hint of a wince as she placed weight on the left leg, and muttered "gonna storm tonight...lets get this over with."

Arriving at the station, they identified themselves and were led to the room where the suspect was being held, a gaunt middle aged man in ill fitting clothes. Sam and Noah first observing him through the one way mirror into the room.

"if its one of yours....what should I look for? foot long canines from more of those vampires?"

Comment

Noah thinks. "Depends WHAT he is. Here is what we will do." He takes out a flask and pours just a little on her palm. He then takes some salt and puts just a dusting on his own hand. He takes out the glasses to make sure no hell hounds.

"Make sure to shake his hand. I'll do the same. If he is one of the things that go bump in the night these two things normally will hurt him."

Comment

Sam walks in with Noah and extends her hand introducing herself and noah, neither getting a reaction.

Sam then begins to all but literally tear into this guy with questions, staring him straight in the eye the entire time, never breaking eye contact. The guy answers but even noah can tell hes flustered.

The story they manage to get out of the guy is that yes he broke into the house, but left with only a few things after hearing someone upstairs causing a bigger racket, then blood curdling screams.

Comment

Noah looks at Sam. A glance that says 'Doesn't mean he was not the one that everybody saw, but I think that this break in was just in the wrong place at the wrong time'

Comment

Sam and Noah leave the room, "Hes telling the truth...and you're right wrong place wrong time.....but if this...hell hound thing killed the guy, we can't prove it can we?"

Comment

Noah shakes his head. "Afraid not, we would be wearing straight jackets in no time. I think that the guy in there might not be our murderer, but that doesn't mean he isn't our thief."

Comment

"Another unsolved murder case then...sadly I don't think I could get him cleared of the murder charge without being thrown into a white padded room...be a nice vacation though..." She taps her chin in thought. "I'll see if I can't get a good word in for him for an insanity plea at least till something goes right...I'm going to look back over these case files, there HAS to be something we're missing..."

Comment

As Sam and possibly Noah settle in to look over the case files with a fine toothed comb, a steady rain begins falling.

Further north up the coast, Josiah is feeling the tail end of the same rain front coming in as he sits in his hotel room, 3 steps up from his room with Sam down the coast. This with actual cable TV and hot water....

The Case file hes looking at seems pretty cut and dry, Artie had found out that the coat that the body of John Brown (safely encased within the warehouse) was wearing was not the coat he was buried in originally.

The real deal has been associated with the deaths of 5 previous owners and is now being sold as a very rare antique at the estate sale of its former owner.

Comment

Noah helps Sam check the case files, but something is bugging him. "I don't think these will help if indeed it was a hell hound. What we need to do is check out the person killed more. Any sudden success, sudden health improvement.. and it would be about maybe 10 years ago. That's how it works. Somebody makes a deal with a crossroads demon, 10 years later they are puppy chow."

Comment

Working...
                                X