Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] [OOC] Into the Black (Firefly-verse)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't forgotten, just a busy weekend. Will reply tomorrow or Monday.

Comment

• Sorry, a day late I know, but hopefully not a buck short. (Can't help but feel like it though.) Anyways, I was watching over the pilot episode and was thinking. We don't really have an ambassador. I'm not sure it's really necessary, but our ship does have an extra cuple crew quarters so it's completely feasible to put one on the ship without even having to rent out a shuttle for one.

It's not like an ambassador has to be a companion, the Aces and Eights ambassador was the ship's owner and a travelling high stakes gambler, I once made a concept for one that was an aristocrat/noble with a secret, the possibilities are endless. In his own way Sheppard Book served as one as well for that matter.

Before Tyger gripes, the treatment in the post was for brandishing weapons in front of the passengers.

Comment

• he wasn't brandishing them... he was simply standing there, fully armed, not wearing his duster. Just like Mando was doing when they met with Lerga.

NICE double-standard. Alliance hate Browncoat MUCH?!

no no, BRANDISHING his weapons would be something like flipping a knife from handle to point to handle to point, practicing his quick-draw, or practicing his hand-to-knife combat moves, or... etc, or etc, or etc, etc, etc...

Instead, he was just standing there. Now our passengers know that they can divide the crew and conquer. 'Gratz.

Bravo, Exile. Bravo.

Comment

• *facepalm* I just read over that and your right. For some reason when I read your post and pictured it in my head I pictured your character having them actually out and fiddling with his knives. That was not intentional. Is there anyway I can re-do that one. I am an ass.

Also, I actually prefer the Browncoats in real life and see Alliance as tyranical despots, I just like playing against type.

Comment

• no retcon for this one, please....

Comment

• Yes, I will be making use of the 'division' in the crew that Zhan and Aiden have inadvertently implied exists. Not right away, though. Heh.

Now... Floodfire.

As precious little information is available from the series about what makes the round-cards different from regular playing cards, I'm establishing this right now.

Round-card decks have sixty-seven cards, arranged into six suits of ten cards each, the six Noble cards, and the Yin-Yang card. (The Yin-Yang is generally analogous to the Joker of a standard deck.) The Nobility set are suit-less and carry no numerical value outside the Nobility, and depending on the game can take on different qualities or alignments or whatever. In ascending order, the Nobility are the Courtesan, the Page, the Knave, the Queen, and the King. There is a sixth Noble card called the Crown, which again varies in its placement depending on the rules of the game being played, either being above the King, or below the Courtesan.

The six round-card suits are Fruit, Sun, Moon, Wand, Fish, Diamond. The cards numbered 1 to 10, although they're sometimes colloquially called by the artwork depicted upon the face of the card. (Which can vary by deck.)

Floodfire is played similar to Rummy. A dealer is chosen at random and passes clockwise among the players (up to six). Each player is dealt an equal number of cards (max of eight), the remainder becoming the stock. Rules are identical to Rummy, except the Noble cards can only be played with each other, and the Yin-Yang is considered 'wild.' A target score is decided by all players at the start of the game. When a player reaches that score, the game is over.

When a player discards or lays out all the cards in their hand, the round ends. The other players' cards are given points which are awarded to the round's winner. Noble cards are worth ten each, the Yin-Yang fifteen, all other cards their face value. However, how the points are scored for the winner can vary depending on the suit.

Red cards (Fruit, Sun, Wand) are worth positive points. Blue cards (Moon, Fish, Diamond) are worth negative points. The target score can be reached from either a positive or negative value. (For instance, if the target is 200 points, victory comes when a player reaches -200 or +200.)

It's a common practice (but not a rule) when discarding a card to the discard pile to say "Burn" if discarding a red card, and "Damp" if discarding a blue card.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• lame excuse in 3.....2......1......

So I have my account set up to send me instant notification of new posts in the IC thread....and somehow I missed nearly a page of posts....I just thought it died back for a bit.

I'm also in my last 3 weeks of classes with most of my projects coming due soon, plus final exams. Seems like work is my only chance to get anything done half the time.

I'm all caught up and just made a post IC.....hope this doesn't happen again.

I don't want to drop out, but my posting may be erratic for the next few weeks.
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• oh... not sure if I just skipped clean over it, but I'm not entirely certain I saw any mention of what class of vessel the Deucaleon is... sadly, I've kinda been visualizing a version of the Firefly... I know that's wrong, but hey...

Comment

• DC-88 "Lady Liberty", I believe.

Comment

• I will likely be on only sparsely the next week or so. I passed a kidney stone on Saturday, and I'm still dealing with a nasty kidney infection. I'll catch up when I'm feeling a bit better.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ellain View Post
                        DC-88 "Lady Liberty", I believe.
                        there a clicky-linky-link to an image of a ship/floorplan out there on the net?
                        I can't seem to get Google to dig one up.

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                          I'll catch up when I'm feeling a bit better.
                          Ewww... get better. Kidney stones suck.

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                          there a clicky-linky-link to an image of a ship/floorplan out there on the net?
                          I can't seem to get Google to dig one up.
                          The DC-88 is very similar to the Serenity in layout. It is longer and thinner. The floor plans are nearly identical with more rooms in the neck and a longer, lower and thinner cargo area.

Comment

• I just want to start by saying: Thank you. Thank you for all letting me know this was here. Thank you for indulging me and your patience with me as a first tim player of Play By Post style games. I've learned a lot and this opportunity.

I would to continue by saying that I am sorry. I'm sorry my mistakes. I'm sorry for my inconvieniences to you all. I'm sorry for not living up to my character or this game. I'm sorry that it turns out that I just can't enjoy this style of game.

I'd like to finish this resignation from this game by saying: fare well, good luck, and good game to you all.

Comment

• I don't think you have any mistakes to be sorry for.

It was fun while it lasted. Thank you for playing. Zhan was quite the interesting character. I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand your reasons too.

Comment

• I'll agree with Chanlin, I thought you were doing just fine! This style game is tricky, though. I know I'll miss you!

Comment

Working...
                                X