Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] [OOC] Into the Black (Firefly-verse)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. Sorry I have been incommunicado until just now, but I will begin actively posting again. Just wanted to let everyone know I hadn't abandoned everyone, just had more pressing issues outside of the internet that occupied my focus. I will begin posting in character again tomorrow. Hopefully when I do everything on this thread that's currently going on will make sense.

Comment

• Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
      Wolf -- Deucalen's loading ramp
      Having overheard the comm-wave, Wolf groused, "{appropriate pissy phrase in Chinese} Mando, why is the Captain asking Tucker to do the background check when that's more within my skillset than Tucker's?"
      Because I got some characters confused with all of the new ones coming in and the game just starting up.

Comment

• still, it adds to the story. makes wolf look to be a new addition

Comment

• GM Note: I'm holding off on the next IC GM Post until Zhan and Rowan are finished up on their little scene there and go to The Falling Sky. I prefer to maximize my GM Posts by consolidating as much into each post as possible.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• okay... I am having a tough time deciding... Need assistance chosing the pistol Wolf carries... only to use when the situation is a COMPLETE FUBAR.
            Dirty Harry Special
            or
            The Man With No Name

((Interestingly enough, they supposedly make both pistols in .44))
            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-07-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Wolf sounds like the practical sort, so I'd guess he'd get the Smith. It's a modern weapon (although with the tech level of the Firefly 'verse, it would be old tech) so it would have a transfer bar safety (no need to carry "5 beans in the wheel" to avoid accidentally shooting yourself in the foot), and (picture not too clear - but didn't look bulky enough in the right places for a break-open) the cylinder is on a "crane" to swing out. This would allow fast (for a revolver) reloading.

The "man with no name" revolver is old, and would have an issue common to old single-action revolvers - a "whack" to the hammer (or even getting it caught on a branch, pulled back a bit, and released) will cause it to fire. There are 2 solutions to the problem: the transfer bar safety used on more recent revolvers, or carrying it with the hammer resting on an empty chamber (cuts ammunition capacity). Also, take a look at the lever under the barrel. This is either the rammer for a cap-and-ball revolver (VERY slow loading) or the ejector for a gate-loading revolver (not quite as slow, but still MUCH slower than a break-open or swing-out cylinder - has to be loaded one cartridge at a time, rather than with a speedloader).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                Wolf sounds like the practical sort, so I'd guess he'd get the Smith. It's a modern weapon (although with the tech level of the Firefly 'verse, it would be old tech) so it would have a transfer bar safety (no need to carry "5 beans in the wheel" to avoid accidentally shooting yourself in the foot), and (picture not too clear - but didn't look bulky enough in the right places for a break-open) the cylinder is on a "crane" to swing out. This would allow fast (for a revolver) reloading.

The "man with no name" revolver is old, and would have an issue common to old single-action revolvers - a "whack" to the hammer (or even getting it caught on a branch, pulled back a bit, and released) will cause it to fire. There are 2 solutions to the problem: the transfer bar safety used on more recent revolvers, or carrying it with the hammer resting on an empty chamber (cuts ammunition capacity). Also, take a look at the lever under the barrel. This is either the rammer for a cap-and-ball revolver (VERY slow loading) or the ejector for a gate-loading revolver (not quite as slow, but still MUCH slower than a break-open or swing-out cylinder - has to be loaded one cartridge at a time, rather than with a speedloader).
                Orrrrr--

There's really no need to overthink it. These wouldn't be old Earth-That-Was guns, they'd be current tech. It ultimately comes down to aesthetics. Reload trouble can play up for drama when fight scenes break out. (Yes, there will be fight scenes! Honest! Once we get to the meat of the story!)
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Man with No Name it is then. But Aidan "Wolf" McCuan doesn't use his pistol unless things have REALLY devolved into a Charlie-Foxtrot, so one round-loading will prove interesting.

Comment

• Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                    Man with No Name it is then. But Aidan "Wolf" McCuan doesn't use his pistol unless things have REALLY devolved into a Charlie-Foxtrot, so one round-loading will prove interesting.
                    And maybe that's why he only uses the pistol when things have truly gone to Hell.

Comment

• Mando's Preferred Weapons:
                      - Knife
                      - Pistol
                      - Shotgun
                      - Assault Rifle

Comment

• maybe he's been asked to not smoke on the bridge??

Comment

• Wolf wears a "gun belt" that has a right-hand draw holster on the left hip, and a leg drop knife double-sheath on the right thigh below a left-hand draw belt knife.

Comment

• Quoth Exile View Post
                            Exile - OOC
                            I have really got to stop having life-melting crises within my proximity. I really need to be on here more often. I'm sorry everybody, I know I made a commitment when I signed on as captain. I'm going to try to at least check this more often.
                            #1 rule is Real life always comes first. Posting will be slow sometimes. It's the nature of play by forum games really.

I wasn't able to post until my most recent one myself because of offline obligations. Namely my best friend just got married Saturday. So don't feel bad if something keeps you from posting. We won't hold it against you.

Comment

• Yes, I forgot to mention that Rule One of Internet Role Play is that Real Life Always Comes First.

It helps if you give us a heads-up in the OOC thread if you anticipate being unable to post for a bit, but it's not required.

Going forward, this is why I'm going to try to get a couple of subplot/threads going so the crew can split up a bit, so things don't completely stagnate.

Comment

• Exile, if nothing else just let me know and I can post for you.
                                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X