This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucker and Sama - Ahem... leaving now - The Falling Sky

Tucker quirks an eyebrow at Sama with a slight grin, which is not an act. The source of the grin is. He is simply trying not to laugh at the thought of her trying to be sexy. He takes her hand "I like your thinking." He says holding back a laugh that just barely manages to come out as a chuckle. He sets down cash to pay for the drinks as they head out.

Comment

• Zhan with Rowan - outside Falling Sky/Star/Moon/Sun/Ring/Comet/Asteroid/Planetoid/Satelite

"Hmm... Oh. Just anxious to get the last pieces of information. I was so bold however as to interrupt the Great Wolf in his ministrations. I don't know, I can't decide if I need to get back behind the helm or some R&R land-side. Frankly it could be either or both." he says in response to Rowan once she makes herself known.

Zhan continues "Strangely you're right though, it could have gone worse. Hell, I was expecting it. Don't get me wrong, it's nice being wrong, but it throws me a bit off. Makes me look for the other shoe. Is it just me or has this one day landfall seemed like it's taken forever?"

Comment

• Aidan -- Deucaleon's bridge
        Reading the screens before him, Aiden jumped to the EXACT WRONG conclusion. "Well, well, well... seems we have a former Alliance operative... Bleeding Black Bookers. Hated yer kind when ye ruled my town, hate ye still, ye sodding wankers."

*the comm in Zhan's pocket buzzes*
        "Cap'n... Ay've founnit wha'yer scratchin' far... The good Sir Lerga is supposedly a petty criminal workin' off 'is debt to the greater 'Verse at large... Before tha', however..."

Aidan could be heard taking a draw on his pipe.

"B'fore tha' however, he was an Alliance operator. Black Book stuff. Wet work, espionage, assassinations, hijackin's, you name it, he's done it. There's too many holes in his record for 'im to be anything beside. T' be honest, Skipper, I'd rather tie him with diamond cut-wire, then jam him down the throat of a Sarlac."

Comment

• Rowan- with Zahn outside the Falling Sky

"The day does seem to be taking its time," Rowan replied. "I'm looking forward to getting back out there- hopefully that other shoe will miss us when it does drop!" She paused, then pointed, "Here come Sama and Tucker- Sir? Your pocket seems to be buzzing."

Comment

• Zhan with Rowan - Outside the Falling Sky

"So it would seem, I had noticed. Figured I'd make him wait a little as he had me, but I suppose I better get that." Zhan responds before pulling the comm back out of his pocket and answering, "That was quick."

He listens, thanks Aidan for his diligent work, before adding, "What's a 'Sarlac'?" Afterwards he ends the call, turns to the gathering group, comm still in hand and says "Shall we? We have preparations to make." Zhan then gestures the vague path back to Deucalion.

Comment

• Lizzie - Deucalion Loading Ramp

Lizzie looks somber as she watches the police haul Kellins away. Once they are out of sight, she turns into the cargo bay and picks up the Tao Te Ching off the top of crate of books. She sits on a nearby crate and opens the book to read.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• (ooc: hope folks don't mind me jumping forward a bit)

Tucker and Crew - The Deucalion

Once they arrive back at the ship Tucker heads up to the bridge and begins doing basic pre-flight checks.

Comment

• Sama - The Deucalion - engine room

As Tucker heads up to the bridge Sama takes some equipment that had arrived while they were still out, and begins handling minor repairs, checking in with Tucker up on the bridge to check top side.
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Aidan "Wolf" McCowan --Deucaleon bridge

Aidan was snoring on the bridge, his pipe perched on his shoulder, smoldering pungently away. His feet were propped on the arm of the communications chair, and Syman Lerga's file was right there on Aidan's screens, for the entire world to see.

Comment

• Tucker and Aidan - The Deucalion - Bridge

On seeing the big man dozing Tucker would try to be quiet until he sees what's on the screen. The smoke didn't really bother him, on land was the only time the big man could smoke safely. Having info like that open where just anyone could look over his shoulder, even if the chances of a random passerby getting on the bridge were slim to none...

"Hey, best be clearin' that screen before someone wonders why were so interested in this guy."

Comment

• Zhan - The Deucalion

On the way back to the ship Zhan reassures Sama that he is not angry before recording a wave message and sending it to one Mr. Lerga.

"Hello Mr. Lerga, I hope this message finds you swiftly and well. I am Captain Zhānmǔsī Cook of the Deucalion. I understand that my ship shares a common destination point with you in New Melbourne, and am sending this hail in regards to your need for transport. Unfortunately my ship leaves in the morning, I do require a meeting between myself and all future passengers. However if you are interested in my transportation services and can meet tonight we may be able to make arrangements. If not I certainly understand. Thank you for your time."

Upon arriving at the ship Zhan will call out, "Aidan, when are you going to stop feeding me those Lǎorén wúxiào fēngzi de páoxiāo piānzhí?!" (paranoid rantings of an elderly invalid maniac)

Comment

• Aiden -- the bridge

Aiden sat bolt upright, then yelped as hot cinders hit his pants and chair. It took ten seconds to pat everything down and make certain there was no overly serious damage to either himself or the chair. He looked at Tucker.
                          "Screen? Huh? What sc-" When he looked and saw what Tucker meant, he groaned a somewhat long and incoherent epithet from his home.
                          When Zhan called however, Wolf called down, "W'll get yer bloomin' arse up 'ere an' take a loo' fer yerse'f Sar!"
                          The next series of muttered oaths sounded to Tucker like a lifelong Browncoat's disdainful epithets for Alliance-types and their closing ranks to protect their own arses.

Comment

• Zhan - Deucalion

Hearing Aidan's response he calls out in kind, "Oh I'll come see what flimsy evidence you used to jump to your wild conspiracy theorist conclusion."

Heading further into the ship he notices Lizzie's somber, uncharacteristic look and diverts his path to talk to her, "I hear there was a bit of a disturbance. Are you alright?"

Comment

• Comm-wave for Zhan

By the time Zhan arrives at the ship, he's received a response from Syman Lerga. "Hallo, Capitan Coook!" the message begins, in that same distinctive accent. "Yes, I am still to be looking for transportation to in the Red Sun system. I can meet with you at any place you wish. I am thinking it should be at some place nearby to the docks, yah? Perhappen by the guarding post at the south entrance way? I can be there in half of an hour, okay, yah, I see you there. If no good, please to be sending me wave."

There is a security guard post at the south end of the docks, well-lit.

Deucalion - Rest of crew

By the time everyone arrives back at the ship, the local constabulary has taken Ricky Kellins off to sleep off his latest dust high. Mando is still keeping an eye out in his usual stoic fashion, giving the captain a nod as they arrive.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Lizzie - Deucalion cargo bay

As Lizzie looks up from her book at the captain, a mixture of emotions play across her face. "I wasn't hurt. I can't say the same for that Kellins fellow, though." With a bit of the sadness, she adds, "and I doubt he'll get the help he needs to lead a normal, healthy life." She forces a weak smile. "You know how I am - I just want to make sure everybody's happy and healthy."

"So, are we going to have passengers?"
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X