This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhan - Deucalion cargo bay

"Three at least. Maybe a forth, if I can cipher my way through Aidan's fèihuà conspiracy theories. I swear that boy thinks everyone's some Alliance super-assassin. Dìyù he thought I was an 'Operative' when we met. Swear that boy ain't half bad at his job for someone with piānzhí yìdàlì miàntiáo yīyàng de tóunǎo. (paranoid spaghetti for brains)" Zhan says in response to Lizzie's inquiries, perhaps elaborating too far.

"Let me know if you need anything..." he says in parting, "but right now I have command duties to attend to."

Zhan then leaves Lizzie, climbing the cargo bay stairs and traverses the coridoor to the bridge, looks at Aidan and Tucker with cool skepticism and regards Wolf saying, "You've got some intel for me?"

Comment

• Aidan clamped his extinguished pipe between his teeth and pointed at the screen. Vacating his chair, he gestured grandiosely for Zhan to sit.
      "See fer yerself. Oh, and a Sarlac is a right nasty critter from back home. Complete digestion of a human-sized meal, bones and all, takes about a year. Never seen one with my own eyes, however I did hear of something that sounded horribly similar on a desert planet. Called 'em 'Graboids' or 'Tremor Worms'..."
      Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 01-30-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Zhan - bridge of the Deucalion

Zhan smiles at Aidan as he moves out of the seat and says, "It would seem that though I've known you some time now my days of not taking you seriously have only just begun."

Walking by him to the seat in front of the console he casually takes the pipe out of his mouth without breaking stride. He then empties the ash into his hands and scatters them across the floor, tosses the pipe into the trash, and pats the ash off of his hands in a half-wiping motion before sitting down.

Swiveling towards the console he starts looking it, scanning the information found, skimming files, cycling through tabs, et cetera. As he does he continues talking aloud. "You my addle-minded techie have got to lay off the antique vids. Everyone who made it through grade-school history knows we didn't find any new life forms anywhere in the verse or on our way from Earth-That-Was. You've never seen a 'Sarlacc', nor a 'Graboid' because they plain don't exist. Never have, never will, and before you cry about circus criers and their side show freak house 'aliens corpses in tubes' I would make mention that I saw that exhibit to and it was a particularly graphic bovine miscarraige, nothing more. You're worse than those people crying alien abduction because they have dreams and false memories about alien civilizations that always seem to have borrowed sci-fi vids. Stop letting the drivel you watch affect your memory.

"Also, this isn't the Stone Age, vaporizer tech has existed since before we came over on the Arks for Confucius' sake! Gamiménos use them! Fire uses up ox and smoke gums up the filter, I gave you a vaporizer pipe for your birthday Wolf. If you don't start using it any oxygen related life support maintenance costs will come out of your share. Fire based smoking devices are for external land use only, that is a standing order and you know it. I believe you also know the punishment for insubordination do you not? Or do you need a reminder?", Zhan finishes turning to face him.

Comment

• ((ooooo would you like some ice water for that burn tyger?))

Sama - Engine Room

Sama slaps the last panel shuts and smiles over the faint hum that starts back up seconds later. She walks over to the comm and punches the bridge, "Tucker, or whoever is up there....shes purring like a baby, we're good to go on this end when ever you are....should be a might smoother ride that then landing."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Tucker, Zhan, Wolf - Bridge of the Deucalion

At Sama's comm Tucker flips a few switches, checks a screen, swivels his chair checks a second screen and then announces in a crisp voice with a slight grin, "Everything looks good up here sir. We can take off soon as you give the order." Afterward, he flips the same switches back into their off position.

Comment

• Rowan- Deucalion

Upon returning to the ship, Rowan stows her new boots in her room, then heads up to the bridge. Poking her head in, she asks, "Cap, you need me for anything? Or should I go start dinner?"

She isn't the greatest cook, but she enjoys it and most of her meals are edible...

Comment

• Sama -now with instant teleportation-

Sama appears at Rowan's elbow having finished in the engine room till they take off. "Did I hear food? No offense sir" Looking at Rowan, "last time you tried to cook in the kitchen I spent most of the trip trying to scrap off....what was it? eggs?"

"Soon as I have a headcount I'll start dinner prep....got a special suprise while out shopping."
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• *Wolf -- Bridge*
                  "You've made your point, Captain. Now, if you'll allow, I'd like to retrieve the only other piece of my fiancée left to me from the recycler before you activate it, please. That pipe was a betrothal gift from Brenna."
                  Taking the pipe out of the trash, Aidan added, "And the vaporizer you gave me last year was, and still is, greatly appreciated, but I ran out of oil three months ago and still haven't been able to find another vendor. I'd contact the shop you bought them from, but the Cortex says that lovely woman was arrested on dust-smuggling charges a month after you gave me the vaporizer."

Comment

• Rowan- bridge

To Sama, "Hey, I cleaned up after that!" Pretending to pout, she added, "And it was pancakes."

Grinning wickedly, she asked, "What are we having? Can I help?"

Comment

• Sama - bridge then kitchen-

"you can do dishes....or maybe aiden and tucker....its their turn."

Sama begins digging through boxes of supplies that were obvious food stuffs from the supplies she had ordered, grins then holds up a shoebox sized wooden box.

"took some steep trading to get this...but look..." She opens the box just slightly to allow Rowan to look inside, then quickly snaps it shut.

"These are for a special treat when we get to bored on this next trip...dad used to do that when we were little."

She begins putting things away, having rowan check everything off the list to make sure everything is here.

Comment

• Rowan- following Sama to the kitchen

"Ooh, nice! It's been a long time since we've had anything like that! I promise I won't touch them til they're served."

She perches on the table while ticking items off the list.

Comment

• Aidan "the Wolf" McCowan -- walking through the Deucaleon

The lanky Celt stopped, listened. Hol' th' phone...
                          He moved quickly to the galley and stopped. Uh-oh...
                          Sama and Rowan were tinkering in the kitchen. Sama was the best cook of the crew, Rowan... not quite. The only reason Sama had got the "eggs" off the pans was because she had used engine solvent. Wolf had only gotten the taste out of his mouth last week.
                          "Mind if I lend a hand? Or is it my turn to clean up?"
                          Walking over to the sink and starting to fill it with water, Aidan nicked a dirty prep container and said, "That'll be mine."

Comment

• Tucker - Deucalion; from the Bridge to the Kitchen

After finishing his checks on the bridge Tucker heads off to the galley. When he sees Aidan already filling the sink with water he heads over and starts helping him out. "Hey Sama. Maybe while you're cooking you can teach Rowan to follow a recipe properly. Or at least next time use something to clean the pans other than that chou ma niao (stinking horse piss) you used last time."

Comment

• Sama - galley- with everyone but the captain

"Not my fault that was my favorite pan...." she pouts cutely, finishes reading off the last item on the checklist then tucks the wooden box under her arm.

"any clue about these passengers the cap'n found?"

Comment

• *Aidan*
                                "Aye, they seem to be regulars, but something's off... Y'know that twitch you get in yer left ear when there be a-some'at wrong with the engines? Similar in me gut about this bunch."
                                To Tucker, he said, "She used engine solvent, not chou ma niao.

Comment

Working...
                                X