X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
    -snip- the Gods themselves
    Dear RHPG,
    I know it's not what you intended to remind me of, but you just reminded me of a great book you should look into... it's by Isaac Asimove, titled "The Gods Themselves"
    It only has three parts, part one "Against stupidity", part two "The Gods Themselves", part three "contend in vain". It's a great parallel to our current dependence on oil, except in the future it's our dependences on a device called the "electron pump" which is supposed to be a Godsend because it produces nearly unlimited power for practically nothing, the downside being that it changes the fundamental properties of matter in the area surrounding it, given enough time it will cause the end of the Earth and no one is willing to give it up because, after all, we're talking about at least a few centuries down the road... we'll surely have come up with a solution by then.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Dear Smiley,
      Hmmm I may have to find that book... Darn you I have a PILE of books to read and no time! What are you doing to me?! Books and movies... Sheesh brother of mine, you're killing me

Comment

• Dear Child Rum,

Clothing is not optional in the house. Clothing is good. Please put your clothing back on.

Love,
        Mommy

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

Child Rum will come out of the "clothing optional" stage eventually... Oh wait.. I never did, at least not at home. Ah well maybe she'll learn

RHPG

Dear Employment Fairies
          I need a new job, not more interviews! Please help

Comment

• Dear Gnome screwing with my life
            Would you knock it off? I would like to have a semi normal life. I would like to be able to have fun without having to pay for it at work. Had a great weekend, works sucks. I would like to go to Emerald City Con this weekend. I already know my birthday is going to suck. I hate it when it close to Easter.

Also return the stuff you keep stealing from my house. I want my DSLR back.

You are only doing this because I play the horde side in WoW and take great delight is setting you little bastards on fire.

Els

Dear Mom's Doctors
            Again I am asking, FIND WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MOM AND FIX IT. (sorry for the yelling) Yes I am very glad she doesn't have cancer and her heart looks like a 20 year old heart, but there has to be something causing this. FIX IT.

The driver to the Mommy who you really don't want to see pissed.
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Dear MOAO--

That was very sweet of you to say.

:girl puddle:

--YOAO
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear County Clinic,

Thank you for having the nice people on staff that I saw today.

--me

Dear nice lady who asked me if I was okay,

Thank you for caring. I sincerely hope everything goes well for you.

--the chick who was crying in the bathroom, but felt a lot better because of you.

Dear RHPG,

I hope things do change. I really do. *hugs*

--RP

Dear Zyrtec,

You. are. SO. FIRED! OUT!

Dear Benadryl,

I suppose I can let you have your old job back. Be good.

--the allergic one

Dear Elspeth,

I hope they figure out what is going on with your mom soon. *offers hugs*

Thinking, wishing, hoping and praying,
                RP
                Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Dear Life,

Please stop sucking.

Me

Comment

• Dear 2 month old glasses,

Why did the nose pads have to fall off you? Now I'm wearing my old glasses and they're making me really headachey.

I cannot wait for the eye doc's office to open so I can get them fixed.

Rummy

Comment

• Dear people who mess with my mind,

Quit. Either hate me to my face and get it over with, or like me.
                      Don't do this thing you do where you dance around it, okay? I'm well aware that it's not proper to hate people, but I'm sick of you dragging this crap out. Tell me how you feel already.

--me

ETA:
                      Dear SD,

If you pout about how I don't call you, you may want to think about how you don't answer or return any of my calls.

--me
                      Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 04-02-2009, 02:58 AM.
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----

Comment

• Dear Child Rum,

I love you so much! You make me giggle all the time. Some of the things you can come up with are just ... beyond words.

But, please, if it "quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and eats like a duck" it's a duck .... How did you come up with it being a fish!? But it did brighten my day.

I love you and your imagination!
                        Mommy

Comment

• Dear Posterior Headgear Anonymous,

I'd like you to send some of the people I know information for membership in your fine organization. I'm sure they would benefit.

--RP

Dear body,

You are not giving birth, nor are you in preparation to do so. You're just PMSing. Stop causing me pain like this.

--me
                          -----

Comment

• Quoth Shpepper View Post
                            Dear Life,

Please stop sucking.

Me
                            seconded

Dear Karma,
                            What sin have I committed? Please tell me, what I did and how I can make things right. I know I haven't been the best person, but trapping me in a shitty job, barely making it through school, no end in sight, having not only to deal with there being no hope for the future for myself, but having to see friends and family deal with having almost no hope also. We were all promised a better year this year... now damnit deliver on that fucking promise.

Me
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• "Dear" (said quite sarcastically) FoH--

Why in hell did you, in effect, cancel my order??

I wanted an *exchange* NOT a refund, just because you are too damn dumb to send me the right size.

This is why you have my email AND phone number! To inform me of things.

You are starting to get on my last nerve, and that is place you do not want to be.

DIAF--

--me
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear RHPS

You rocked my socks off! You were awesome! Funny! I have a crush on the whole male cast!

Love
                                Rads

Dear TTO

So glad you enjoyed it
                                I love you!
                                Rads
                                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                                X